• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Batch rename capitalizing First Letter

New Here ,
Mar 23, 2020 Mar 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, is there a renaming procedure for having first letters capitalized?

Thanks

TOPICS
Batch , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 23, 2020 Mar 23, 2020

No. Uppercase, lowercase, or original only.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. Uppercase, lowercase, or original only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Silvestro.

Need more information to give you more options: Did you use the "Batch Rename..." or "Batch..." to do the first naming? Manually give all the names?

Either way, it's a "garbage in, garbage out" process. If you failed to capitalize the first word when setting this up the first time, you can correct it by redoing the "Batch Rename" or "Batch..." and correct what you did wrong.

Otherwise need more information. Regardless, there is no option for just capitalizing the first word.

Let us know,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 22, 2023 Dec 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just stumbled over this old topic... There might be a way that isn't initially obvious, I'll take a look when I have time.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/bridge-discussions/using-batch-rename-to-change-filenames-to-title-ca...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 24, 2023 Dec 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to my previous post's link where I showed a method using regular expressions, all text editors that I am aware of have transformation tools which include a function to Capitalise each separate word. Sometimes called Sentence Case or Proper Case or Tite Case etc.

Knowing this, if one has a plain text file with a list of filenames, it is easy enough to change them.

One can use a Mac or Win CLI option (a spreadsheet can be useful in generating the commands from a list of files).

Or a Bridge script can then be used to rename the files:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/bridge-discussions/rename-series-of-files-using-excel-list/td-p/13196...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 24, 2023 Dec 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BBEdit on Mac and Notepad++ on Windows. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 26, 2023 Dec 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines