• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge 2019 Crashing Frequently

New Here ,
Jan 14, 2019 Jan 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated my version of bridge last week to 2019 9.0.2.219 when deleting files it often crashes, this can be when I delete a lot of files or just a few. This forces me to Force quit and open bridge again. 

I get this when right clicking and moving to trash and also when using Command + Delete

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Iain

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 17, 2019 Jul 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Is there any workaround / fix for this issue yet? I am getting consistent crashes of Bridge when I go to open any subfolder.

I cannot change or revert to any previous version of any software, as my apps are tightly and remotely managed, and I work in a highly secure environment. I have submitted at least 50 (now up to 52 53 54 as I type this) crash reports over the last few days and have yet to hear anything back.

My Camera Raw app looks like courtneyw98665068 above. Can't change it.

In between crashes, I have managed to save a couple of favorite folders, and have managed to save just a few of my several hundred illustrations in the Collections area.

Consistent steps followed:

• (re)Start Bridge (again)
  • Wait at least two minutes
  • Open a master folder containing all the files in the project
  • Wait at least another two minutes to give Bridge time to 'generate previews'
  • (attempt to) open the Illustrations subfolder

CRASH - Consistently!!

Is there ANYTHING that can be done?? This is the only way I have of managing my Illustrator EPS files.

Thank you for any help you can provide!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 17, 2019 Jul 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Eric,

Apologies for the inconvenience. Are you using Adobe Camera RAW version 11.3? If so, please ask your Adobe Enterprise administrator to upgrade it as a known issue was fixed.

I have asked Engineering to look into your crash reports as well.

Thanks,

Teja

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 18, 2019 Jul 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to get the Camera Raw version by going through PhotoShop:

It is 11.3.0.197.

Is this helpful?

One possible hint here: I've been able to get farther between crashes by turning off the Preview pane.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 19, 2019 Jul 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Eric,

Please update your camera raw version to 11.3.1, that should solve the issue at your end.

Thanks,

Bridge Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 19, 2019 Jul 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Looks like this has fixed it. I was wrong, here.

Three hours later, it still crashes. Purging the cache seems to delay it a bit. I've sent crash reports for every crash today - that is, when a crash report window is generated. Often, it's a hard crash where the program just quits.

Edit: Two hours on from the point above, it seems to be getting more stable. It makes me wonder if it has something to do with generating thumbnails. I notice a larger frequency of crashes in folders where there are more than just one PostScript file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 11, 2019 Aug 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am joining the quickly growing crowd who is having Bridge 2019 crash repeatedly; even when running in the background and not accessing the app.  I am running a Mac Pro OSX v10.14.6.  Yes, I have sent MANY automated Reports to Adobe, with nary a response.  I have Reset Preferences twice; which is time consuming as I have to then edit the metadata fields, etc. I read in one of the previous comments that an Adobe tech suggested the frustrated user revert to Bridge 2018; which I guess I will try.  This is beyond frustrating. sure would like to see a real fix from Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 12, 2019 Aug 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is complicated by the fact that Support is nine time zones away. They were kind enough to contact me, but they are UTC+1 and I am UTC-8...

They have been kind enough to contact me and ask to do a remote session; however this doesn't work for the reason above (sorry, I'm not going to come in at 0130 for this) and the second reason is that I work in a highly secure environment and allowing someone access to my computer is a non-starter.

Adobe, don't you think it's time to have staff available during working hours for one of your largest customer bases...?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed someone else's suggestion and and took a step down to Bridge 2018; which has not crashed a single time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wish I could do that. My CC subscription is managed by my IT department.

Hey Adobe, any way you can back-rev it so it installs ("updates") automatically through CC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 16, 2019 Aug 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Eric,

We had shared the steps to generate complete dump for the crash through email, could you please check and confirm if you have received the same.

Thanks,

Bridge Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 16, 2019 Aug 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Yes, I did receive the instructions via email.

However, as I said before, I work in a highly secure environment, and sending materials directly from my PC to outside interests is strictly forbidden; as is allowing outside-sourced scripts to run on my machine.

Sorry, I cannot screen-share nor run your scripts on my PC.

For what it's worth, Bridge seems to be working more reliably this week.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines