• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge 2020 keeps crashing when opening an image file (JPG and RAW) in camera raw - Windows OS

Explorer ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
since a couple of weeks (so it started before the latest update to Bridge 2020 and Camera RAW 12) I suddenly could't open image files in Camera RAW directly from Bridge. I would result in a crash of Bridge (and Camera RAW). And it happened both with small JPGs and with bigger RAW files. As I recall it didn't happen right after a previous update, as I only received Photoshop updates in the last 2 months, there were no updates for Camera RAW or Bridge.

Now after the latest Adobe 2020 updates, that arrived this week first week of November, the problem still remains. 

I can only open Camera RAW in Photoshop, which doesn't cause issues, but I prefer opening it in Bridge.

I doubt it's a hardware problem, as I have a Dell XPS 15 9570 with 20 GB RAM.

Any ideas for a solution?

{Thread renamed by moderator}

TOPICS
Camera RAW , Crash or freeze , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Feb 10, 2020 Feb 10, 2020

Hi,

Could you try the following steps and check if this fixes the crash issue on your machine.
• manually remove all Nvidia modules until no Nvidia modules remain installed on the system,
• Reboot the machine
• Install the latest(Game Ready) Nvidia drivers.

This should fix the issue, and if the issue is still not resolved. Try the following..
• Launch Bridge
• Go to Edit -> Camera Raw Preferences -> Performance
• Choose option “Off” for Use Graphics Processor settings.

Thanks,

Bridge Team

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact problem
I can't do anything from Bridge when I try to open Camera Raw

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also used the vs 9.1 but it does the same problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 15, 2019 Nov 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Sorry to hear about Bridge crashing, could you please share your complete workflow steps with us, so that we can try reproducing the issue at our end?

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2019 Nov 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a fix for this yet? I have the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

crash report.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 22, 2019 Nov 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

the workflow is as described in the original post.

In Adobe Bridge you open an image file directly in Camera RAW (doesn't matter which type of image file, JPG, RAW, etc.), Camera RAW pops up, but doesn't open the file (like the screenshot from luxmash) and then Bridge crashes.

That's it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2019 Dec 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, it happens to me also with jpgs, not only with raw. I work with a big amount of photos. Sometimes it crashes 3-4 times in 20 minutes. 
I have not installed Catalina yet on my mac because i read with all the issues related to it. 
So the problem is about adobe and not Catalina.
Can you please help?
Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2019 Dec 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same problem,too,the same workflow.

But I've temporarily solved the problem when I turned off the Graphics card performance in Camera Raw's Preference.

Unfortunately,the experience of editing in Camera Raw opened up by Bridge isn't that smooth as it in Photoshop(with the graphics card on).This still upsets me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 12, 2019 Dec 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE: Full of optimism I installed the latest adobe updates yesterday as they 'addressed issues with camera raw plugin'. Especially as I tried it first on my wife's computer (exact same Dell XPS 15 and specs) and it worked: I could open an image file directly from Bridge in Camera Raw! Hooray.

So after the updates I open up Bridge on my own Dell XPS 15 and try to open an image file right in Camera Raw. And what happens? The same error I had before: Bridge and Camera Raw crash again!!! And they continue to do so.

What is this Adobe?? How come 2 computers with the same specs can't handle an image file in the same way?? This is more than a month like this and I'm not the only one... Really.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2019 Dec 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you find a solution or a work around for this? I also use a Dell XPS 15 and it's killing my workflow. 😞 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 30, 2019 Dec 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, still no solution.

Or you disable hardware acceleration in Bridge, or you use Photoshop to open Camera Raw (edit).

Also for me this solution is wasting my time. Previously I could run Image Processor or load several images into layers in Photoshop and continue editing in Camera Raw within Bridge.

Now I need to wait for Photoshop to finish in order to continue editing with other images as I'm forced to open Camera Raw also in Photoshop. It kinda sucks...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2020 Jan 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a video on YouTube titled "Photoshop Camera Raw crashes Photoshop CC 2019 FIX" by a guy named Mark Hardgrave. It worked for me, though it does mean you can't use the dedicacated graphics processor. Hope it maybe helps until Adobe fixes for real.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2020 Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had the same issues, and tried this, and disabled GPU, and it still crashes. Anyone find any other work arounds? I can't seem to keep the Camera Raw from crashing within 5 minutes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2020 Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Could you try the following steps and check if this fixes the crash issue on your machine.
• manually remove all Nvidia modules until no Nvidia modules remain installed on the system,
• Reboot the machine
• Install the latest(Game Ready) Nvidia drivers.

This should fix the issue, and if the issue is still not resolved. Try the following..
• Launch Bridge

Thanks,

Bridge Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 03, 2020 Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I followed the first steps mentioned by Adobe and completely uninstalled the Nvidia Drivers and the Nvidia Geforce Experience (I used iobit uninstaller to get rid of everything). I rebooted Windows and downloaded the latest Nvidia drivers from (in my case) the Dell Driver webpage.

So I installed only the drivers and not the Geforce Experience and miraculously I could open Camera Raw within Adobe Bridge while using the the GPU for image processing.

Surely I cannot state that the Nvidia Geforce Experience was actually causing the problem, but right now it works as it should.

By the way, I tried this solution several weeks ago, but for a long time I was not able to write a new comment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2020 Aug 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried everything suggested including uninstalling Nvidia drivers and re-installing the latest drivers followed by changing the Bridge Camera Raw preferences to finally removing GeForce Experience with no real improvement. The application is extremely slow on opening and still crashes on a new Dell computer with 16 mg RAM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So here is something interesting. I created a new user account with administrative privleges. I then opened Bridge which I think I originally checked was available for all users. Guess what? It worked fine! Camera Raw opened just fine with one or multiple images. Importing images was quick with no delay. Now I have no idea what is causing this unless maybe it is a conflicting software issue? I know that Photoshop was slow as a dog until I discovered that the new Acronis True Image 2020 was causing the issue. I uninstalled it and everything in Photoshop flew again but Bridge still had a problem. The interesting thing is the created user still uses the same settings in user accounts as my main user account uses. There has to be some software that is conflicting. If anyone else has a different solution, please let me know. It is obviously NOT my nVidia graphics drivers since they work perfectly with the newly created user account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Frodoboy,

As I understand your comments, you created yourself a new administrator on your Mac and you are suprised/pleased/curious as to how you can open your Adobe apps as the new user?

It depends upon how you installed them. If you installed for all users, than what you see is what you asked for. If you installed them for your use only, than what you have would be curious. 

HTH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem too. Bridge and ACR just keep crashing. I've tried everything I can find to change, but it's killing my workflow and taking forever to edit. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 13, 2020 Feb 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, can you check the exact versions of Bridge and Photoshop that you are running (help> about bridge) and (edit>Camera Raw preferences)?

Please give us your OS version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Bridge 10.0.3.138 ACR 12.2.0.386

Windows 10 OS

I just started using CC in 2020, but it is so much slower than using CS6
for me. I can't figure it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thank you for reporting this issue. 

Please try the following steps to see if the issue is fixed at your end.

• manually remove all Nvidia modules  until no Nvidia modules remain installed on the system. Reference video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmmizuRJGvI
  • Reboot the machine
  • Install the latest(Game Ready) Nvidia drivers

This should fix the issue, and if the issue is still not resolved. Try the following.

Thanks,

Varun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines