• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge 2020 keeps crashing

Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2019 Nov 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed Bridge 2020 on Nov 17 and it crashes every few minutes just while browsing images.  I do change some directory names, though I'm not sure that is causing it because it's usually while Bridge is static and not being used when it crashes.  I have 10,000 images to edit from a shoot and had to uninstall 2020 and reinstall an older version.  

I am seeing a LOT of reports of crashing so I hope Adobe gets this fixed.  

Joe

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Performance , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 17, 2019 Nov 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What OS?

Laptop or desktop?

Do you have latest video driver installed?

Is a crash report generated?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2019 Dec 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, while I thought it might be a bug, I went ahead and got a ner Imac and the crashing ssues went away.  So could be that my old Mac was 6-7 years old.  New one is:

3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9

64 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

Radeon Pro Vega 48 8 GB

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2019)

Can run LR, PS, Bridge, Final Cut Pro and LRT Timelapse at the same time with plenty of speed. So perhaps was just my system was too old.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 31, 2019 Dec 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here the same problem. Bridge 2020 is crashing with no reaseon at all. Last 20 minutes 4 times
Crash report is generated. I do use a MAC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2020 Oct 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was told.. By Adobe support senior supervisor that CS5.5 and were better engineered than anything since, these programs had very few issues, to quote ADOBE.

My Bridge version 2019 will not calibrate any of the colour settings. I can change the profile and nothing happens, yet I go to Photoshop and the same profile changes the colors of the image... And dont discuss INDESIGN 2020... it wont hold a profile and the menus change colors, the spelling is erratic, the fonts get corrupted, some 891 fonts have to be reinstalled.

ADOBE SUPPORT call me at 4.00 am in the morning and to date have solved excatly Zero problems... maybe 50 calls and endless emails, time on hold would be 12 -15 hours plus.

I ask is this the best ADOBE can do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone tell me what is the consensus to check before updating an Adobe app? Is running into the issues the only way? I am having problems with Bridge 2020 and Photoshop 2020, in both cases a crash report is generated. They are not only not stable, but can not keep them open. Working on a laptop MBP retina mid-2015, Catalina OS.

Thanks, Germán

MacOS 13.2.1 Ventura>System: MacMini 2018, 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7<br />macOS 13.2.1 Ventura

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issues. Bridge crashes as soon as it opens. Photoshop only does it when either 1) I' trying to rasterize a vector file or 2) the PSD/PSB has a smart object in it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may have  corrupt layer in your file,

Which OS?

Which Bridge version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 27, 2019 Dec 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same problem. This has gone on through v.10.0 to v.10.1 and affects both my Mac Pro 2013/Catalina and my Win 10 PC. I'm a professional and both machines use professional-level GPUs and latest drivers/updates etc etc and Bridge consistently crashes when it sits idle. Every time I come back to either machine it has crashed and generated a crash report. I have sent over fifty automated crash report through to Adobe from both machines but typically they don't seem to care about customer service because they're clearly not addressing the issue and have allowed it to migrate to the next version. Very poor. Has anyone found a fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 27, 2019 Dec 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your windows machine is crashing post the crash report here.

I can help you on windows.

Catalina is way to problematic right now with both Apple and Adobe having issues.

Go to adminstrative tools, event viewer,  windows logs,application, and find the Bridge crash report.

Select "copy as text" and post the report here.

Abobe is closed for two weeks over the holiday and nothing is happening around there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am having this problem every time I open Bridge with both of the latest versions. 

I hope this helps. I followed your steps above as I am on windows 10. Thank you!

Log Name: Application
Source: Application Hang
Date: 11/23/2020 1:02:23 PM
Event ID: 1002
Task Category: (101)
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: DESKTOP-9SOA81L
Description:
The program Bridge.exe version 10.1.1.166 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.
Process ID: 5888
Start Time: 01d6c1c299de01d2
Termination Time: 8
Application Path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Bridge 2020\Bridge.exe
Report Id: 627ad2d1-1244-4d6d-b00f-789bfcc8ffef
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:
Hang type: Cross-thread

Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="Application Hang" />
<EventID Qualifiers="0">1002</EventID>
<Version>0</Version>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>101</Task>
<Opcode>0</Opcode>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2020-11-23T18:02:23.5039428Z" />
<EventRecordID>8035</EventRecordID>
<Correlation />
<Execution ProcessID="0" ThreadID="0" />
<Channel>Application</Channel>
<Computer>DESKTOP-9SOA81L</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data>Bridge.exe</Data>
<Data>10.1.1.166</Data>
<Data>5888</Data>
<Data>01d6c1c299de01d2</Data>
<Data>8</Data>
<Data>C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Bridge 2020\Bridge.exe</Data>
<Data>627ad2d1-1244-4d6d-b00f-789bfcc8ffef</Data>
<Data>
</Data>
<Data>
</Data>
<Data>Cross-thread</Data>
<Binary>430072006F00730073002D0074006800720065006100640000000000</Binary>
</EventData>
</Event>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2020 Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im having issues with all my Adobe 2020 programs... Indesign etc... and Adobe waste my time but have achieved nothing. They told me, my old CS 5.5 was a better made set of programs and were much more stable. That I was told by a senior advisor,  as for an answer for CC 2020 nothing just time wasters.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2020 Jan 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Bridge Version 10.0.1.126 crashes when opening some folders in Mac OSX 10.13.6. I suspect it crashes when trying to open files, older files, with certain file type extensions. I removed old Capture One XMP files from a folder and Bridge did not crash anymore when openning the folder. But it is happening again and there are only jpg files in the folder. I wonder if certain hidden files are causing the problem.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michael,

Invisible files are not likely the cause, but please do not hold me to that if I'm proven wrong.

That all notwithstanding, here's a test you can do to help narrow down the issue:

1) take a folder that crashes when you try to open it and divide the contents into two folders. 

2) Try to open both new folders and see if they both crash nor neither crashes. 

3) If both crash, divide them into two and do the same

Keep on repeating this to see if you can narrow down any file(s) that might be causing the problem. Yes this is tedious but it may help solve a bunch of problems.

FWIW, many years ago when the Mac first came out there were small applications calls "Desk Accessories" (or DAs) that added features to the OS. At this time it was not uncommon for two compeating applications to fight over who had right to what part of the OS making the system unstable. So, what one did was to do basically the same thing as here by restarting the computer with swapping out your DAs to find the culprets. The advantage here is that it is much faster to restart Bridge and try again than it did to restart the Mac that was starting up off of a floppy disk. Depending on the number of DAs you had this could take hours.

Anyhow, once you've varified that (1) it's specific files that are causing the problem, than we can do "A," but if no files are the problem, than we can try "B."

the fact that some folders are not giving you issues make me think that it might be some kind of files problem but I'm not sure so ergo: the test!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the timely reply. The divide and conquer approach is useful.
That is how I determined it was an old XMP file. This time --and it may be
a coincidence-- but I deleted a zero byte hidden file in the folder
named .BridgeLabelsAndRatings. Then Bridge did not crash. Could have been a
coincidence because I also turned off the Use Software Rendering option in
the preferemces. I lost track of the order I tried these things.

Thanks again
Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2020 Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using a MAC Mini (2018) running Catalina, Bridge crashes often.  Most often inside the RAW processor, but sometimes out of no where in the filmstrip mode.  When it crashes in the RAW processor, if I had hit "save," the files are often processed and saved.  However, the .xmp files are not updated.  Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ive been having this same issue since Novemeber. Ill  be in the process of batch editing images and 1) the program crashes and I loose all the ratings and edits Ive made or 2) When I go to save, this happens. The only way I can get around it is choosing "done" and then re-opening and saving. The does not work when the program crashes before I can do this. Its becoming a huge burden and is becoming progressivly more annoying. For what we pay for these programs, id have assumed this issue would have been fixed now, especially since its been 2+ months.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 05, 2020 Feb 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows or mac OS?

On the Mac side you can lay blame at Adobe and Apples feet.

Windons OS can be analized and addressed.

Which OS are you on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We’re using MacOS ‘Catalina’

Sent from my iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That sucks.

Last two updates on Bridge have caused all sorts of weird issues. I was the person who posted DON'T Update.

Apple has not helped the situation.

I feel Apples new permisions lock down is causing apps to crash.

I have Bridge installed on a MAC pro and its basicly unusable.

Been using the Windows OS and build to get things done.

Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2020 Oct 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

gee, i wonder if adobe has considered testing these programs on various hw configurations before shoving them down our throats??   after updating to the latest Bridge.  my computer crashes after 5 minutes of running the program.   it consumes 99% of the cpu, then crashes.  my previous version of bridge worked PERFECTLY.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We run a large art licensing agency 30 years old been using macs since Al Gore said he invented the internet!!  Adobe, and Apple in our opinion have abandoned the artist and photographer community that made them who they are. We are at a point of junking all of our macs and swithing to windows machine...We are loosing not days but months of time messing around with NEW macs that simply dont do the simplest things we need such as our  thousands of PSD file old art icons not showing their preview and now to using bridge to see the icons...and PSD/bridge crashes now the new ongoing problem for us and all proffesional mac users.  Apple and Adobe refuse to talk to each other to solve these problems according to what we have found on good information. We cant solve their internal problems, bugs, code fixes etc..And Trust me on this they have no desire to help all of their frustrated users either.  WE'VE TRIED!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jon,

I find issues like you hard to listen to. I am on the other end of your experience, I almost never have an Adobe product crash and I'm on them hard every day.

I can say that when I start to have any issues, I run a vareity of maintenance operations on my computer. Yes it does take some time away from my activities but I've always felt it saves time in the long run. But as a long user of Macs I'm sure you do something similar.

Can you please try and experiement: Do you have an alternate test user set up in your User & Groups tab in your System Preferences? If not, please do so. I have a 2nd user I called "TestMe" with full Administrative rights (and I have the same Administrative Password (it makes things easier)). Then boot into this new adminstrator and do your work.

Do you still crash?

Quick example: recently I couldn't tether my camera to Lightroom Classic. Before I could, now I couldn't. BIG PIA. However, when I went into TestMe, I could tether just fine. What it turned out was the solution was to remove LRC from the Security & Privacy from both Fulld Disk Access and Files and Folders, reboot, then add LRC to Files & Folders. That did it, that was what I needed to do.

I am NOT saying that this will be your solution, but it is to say that there are things that are beyond adobe's control or involvement that can affect these (or any) application. 

See what happens. Maybe it will continue to crash away left and right. I do not know but it's worth a check.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2021 Jul 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe Camera RAW 13.3 and with it Adobe Bridge 11.1.0.175 is consistently crashing on my Windows 10 PC.

It was not doing this yesterday when I was processing an even larger set of images. 

The crash occurs when I am using

- BASIC auto adjust,

- Straighten Tool, and

- Crop

from Camera RAW.  I start Camera RAW by right clicking on the 250+ images in Bridge and selecting to "Open in Camera RAW".  By crash I mean the Camera RAW freezes and then both Camera RAW and Bridge disappear from the computer display.

To my knowledge I have not changed settings and am up-to-date on Adobe software.   I have not installed an update (to my knowledge) in the last day.  I have tried rebooting. I have tried restarting Bridge & Camera RAW.  

Perhaps a telling point is that the changes I have been making to the images (BASIC auto adjust, Straighten Tool, and Crop) are gone when I restart Bridge. 

Yesterday I was processing about the same number of images with no problem though not doing much Crop or Straighten. 

My Adobe license is a monthly and up till now, worth it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines