• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge 2020 Not Working on Windows 10. Takes forever to open images and crashes computer repeatedly

Explorer ,
Nov 17, 2019 Nov 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since updating to Bridge 2020, I have encountered nothing but problems.  Before Bridge 2020, I could open a folder of images in a few seconds.  Now, it takes three to six minutes to open a folder. Then, the process of generating previews (which previously took a minute or two  at most) essentially is never complete.  The program keeps telling me that it is generating previews for the next ten to fifteen minutes, at which point I give up waiting and try to open the images I need in Camera Raw. 

This is usually a mistake, because about half the time, when I process the image I want and try to open it in Adobe Photoshop, my whole computer goes nuts. Bridge freezes; Camera Raw freezes.  I wait for five minutes or so.  The freeze is still on.  Bridge says that it is "not responding."

I try to close Bridge and Raw.  Nothing doing.   I go into Task Manager and try to close Bridge and Raw.  Nothing doing.  Adobe has my computer in a death grip.  I try to restart my computer.  Nothing doing.  I try to shut down my computer.  Nothing doing.  I try to turn off my computer using the on/off button.  Nothing doing. 

I then crawl under my desk, whimpering with frustration (accompanied by a concerned German Shepherd, also whimpering) and unplug the computer, wait a few minutes, and turn the computer power button on again.  About seventy percent of the time, I am able to get the computer going again.  In some cases, however, but when I try to restart Bridge, I get the Blue Screen of Death.  Getting the computer to start again from the BSD state usually takes at least ten minutes. 

After recovering from the Blue Screen of Death, I am usually able to open Bridge and process a few photos, but the threat of a repeat performance hangs over me every minute.  As a result, I am hesitant to  open other windows, even when I need them to do my work.

I am on a Dell PC (XPS 8930), Intel(R) Core (TM) i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70Ghz.  64 GB RAM, 64-bit operating system, x64-based process.  I am running Windows 10 Pro, Version 1903, installed 10/12/2019.

Please help!  What should I do?  Everything used to work just fine until I updated to 2020.  I know others are having the same problem after they updated, so I know it's not just me.

What other information do you need to help me?

{Thread title edited by moderator}

TOPICS
Camera RAW , Crash or freeze , Performance , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 17, 2019 Nov 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have hardware/driver issues.

Go to administrative tools/event viewer/windows logs/applications

find which application is causing a crash, select it.

Go to the right side and select "copy as text"

Paste the crash report here.

I would also suggest you go to "command prompt" R-click and select "run as adminsitator"

It will open up a DOS windows.
type SFC/scannow

see if any system files are corrupted.

make sure you have the latest video driver from the Nvidia website

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 20, 2019 Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

In addition to what Jbm007 suggested, you can also check if there are any BIOS updates available for your computer by going to Dell's website.

Please check: https://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/04/sln129956/dell-bios-updates?lang=en

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines