• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge and macOS Catalina batch developing RAW issue

New Here ,
Oct 15, 2019 Oct 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I prefer using Bridge to Lightroom's bulky (in my opinion) interface. 

My workflow generally involves making Basic Adjustments to a single RAW file in ACR. Then I select multiple image thumbnail files in Bridge and control click (right click) the files and use the Develop Settings > Previous Conversion option to process all the files the same way. When I do this the preview thumbnail does indeed process the file. However, when you open the .CR2 (RAW) file, all the settings are reset to As Shot (no adjustments). 

The same goes true if I use one of my Favorite Presets also accessable by right clicking an image thumbnail in Bridge. It just resets all the adjustment settings to 0.   

{Thread renamed by moderator}

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 18, 2019 Oct 18, 2019

Hi,

Many of the Bridge Catalina issues have been addressed in v10.0 which will be released early next month. If you need early access to this release, you can sign up for the prerelease program from https://adobeprerelease.com under NDA.

Select Adobe Bridge. Once we approve your request, you will be able to download v10.0 (choose the latest drop).

Please check this build and report back.

Thanks,

Teja

Senior Product Manager,

Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

Welcome to the Adobe Community!

Sorry to hear about the images are reverting to As Shot, could you please let us know the version of Adobe Bridge you're working with?

Does it happen with all images or some specific images?

Could you try reinstalling the Camera Raw plugin and let us know if it helps? https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-in-installer.html

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Bridge 2019 v. 9.1.0.338 and don't see any updates in Creative Cloud. I did reinstall Camera Raw plugin and I still have the issue.

The workaround I can use until this is fixed is editing a batch of images in ACR and using the Sync Settings menu to process everything identically.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An interesting development. When I double click a thumbnail in Bridge to open an effected image the settings get reset. But if I right click Open in Camera RAW the settings are saved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, not a clue at this point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Timothy,

Quick question: when you open the CR2s after making the adjustment, (1) do you click "Done" when finished and (2) where/how are you opening the CR2s.

Here's why I ask: when you work with raw camera images (.nik, cr2, etc.) Bridge will make a "sidecar" file that exists in the same folder as the original. When you re-open that image, the link between the image and the sidecar file are both needed to view the adjustments you made. If you move that image out of the original folder, and the sidecar file is no longer associated with the original file, none of your adjustments will show up. I believe both issues are explaned in that explanation.

FWIW, it's partly becuase of that and a number of other reasons, I always convert my cr2 images into DNGs. DNGs are container files and any adjustments you make are contained within the DNG file so they cannot be misplaced or lost. (Plus they are almost always smaller than the original cr2 file.)

Does this explanation help you in any way?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I click Done after the adjustments and leave the CR2 files in the same folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Timothy,

OK, let's try an experiement if you will. Open a file into ACR and make all of the adjustments you want and then close the file. Now click on the file in Bridge to make it active and press Option(alt)/Command(Control)-c. The select (in Bridge) the files you wish to change and press Option(alt)/Command(Control)-v. When you do that a window will pop up asking which of any of the dynamics you wish to paste and it will. (To save time, unless there is cropping or something like that, pasting all will be fine.)

Does this successfully work or not?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does not work. The adjustments appear to be made on the thumbnail but once that is opened the RAW file is reset to as shot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, that's adds to the "wrong" going on here.

Let's try trashing your Bridge's preferences, do this:

Close Bridge, hold down Command-Option-Shift (PC: Control-Alt-Shift) and then launch Bridge again. A dialog will appear asking what you want to do. Turn on the Reset Preferences checkbox and click OK. Now when Bridge appears, the preferences are new.

Any prefereces you had previous set are now gone so you will have to reset everything but the important thing to look for is does your problem go away?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I trashed the prefs as you suggested but the contextual Develop Settings > Previous Conversion (and the other options) issue remains.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Timothy,

Did you ever try re-installing the ACR plug-in as suggested earlier?

Also, just to verify, what is your OS and what release is it. What version of Bridge and ACR are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2019 Oct 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, reinstalled ACR. OS Catalina 10.15 with Bridge 2019 v. 9.1.0.338

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2019 Oct 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I just figured this out with Bridge preferences. My new OS must have reset the prefs in Bridge and unticked a checkbox called "Double-Click Edits Camera RAW Settings in Bridge"!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 18, 2019 Oct 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Many of the Bridge Catalina issues have been addressed in v10.0 which will be released early next month. If you need early access to this release, you can sign up for the prerelease program from https://adobeprerelease.com under NDA.

Select Adobe Bridge. Once we approve your request, you will be able to download v10.0 (choose the latest drop).

Please check this build and report back.

Thanks,

Teja

Senior Product Manager,

Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines