• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge CC 2017 slow to start

Engaged ,
Feb 21, 2018 Feb 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Opening Bridge has slowed to an absolute crawl since the last Camera Raw update 10.2. Up until last weekend, Bridge used to take 15 seconds to full standby, in a folder with over 9,000 photos.

For the same process, the opening takes 2 minutes now. I'm presented with a white screen for most of the time, with a "Bridge not responding" at times.

This is not isolated, as the same happens on my working PC.

Both are very fast PC's, with plenty of Ram and disk space, running on SSD's

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 21, 2018 Feb 21, 2018

Does that happen even after a one-time View > Refresh with the updated Bridge?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does that happen even after a one-time View > Refresh with the updated Bridge?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the answer. I'll come back tomorrow, as all subsequent starts are fast (after the initial boot of the PC)

Bridge does not start at log-in, nor do I want it to start. Trimmed all start-up programs to just the essentials

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn't want to wait, so Used "View>refresh" and then rebooted the PC. Opening to the same folder took only 30 seconds now. I guess this will have to do.

Thank you for the helpful hint

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One more suggestion: 9,000 images in one folder is dangerous. Consider dividing them. Corrupted files and damaged folders happen even to the nicest people. Besides, it will speed the Bridge display.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 22, 2018 Feb 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm fully aware of that, but it would be extremely difficult to split the folder. This is part of a database, where there is an Excel hyperlink to each individual pictures.

Don't know how to batch edit the hyperlinks to reflect the new path. However, this has nothing to do with Bridge, except they are edited in Bridge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines