• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge CC 2019 preview not working for video effects (still)

Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2018 Oct 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue is that Bridge CC is not showing a preview of any effects in the Library. I have researched this issue and apparently this has been an issue for many years.

Issue:

1. When trying to add an effect to Adobe After Effects CC 2019 via Bridge CC 2019, the preview of the effect will not play (see screen where it just shows a thumbnail).

2. Solutions seem to be to reset preferences OR to load an older version of After Effects. I have reset preferences, dumped cache etc to no avail. This issues has been going on for years, so that solution does not make sense.

3. This issue is different than others are having about thumbnails "going crazy". Thumbnails images display fine, effects do not preview at all.

Any solutions to this issue?

Image: This shows the effects, and the right side preview is only displaying a thumbnail, not playing the effect.

Screen Shot 2018-10-19 at 10.24.38 AM.png

TOPICS
Bug , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2019 Mar 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The reason is due to NVIDIA software.
I tried to turn on NVIDIA + Bridge CC 2019, Then the software works normally again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 30, 2019 May 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<<The reason is due to NVIDIA software.>>

What do you mean? Which software?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 12, 2020 Apr 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When Nvidia installs  its GPU driver it also installs software which allows for various 3D and Video performance setting.

You need to look in your installed programs and find the Software link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2019 Mar 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2019 Apr 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a subscription to the entire adobe suites & the latest version of Bridge & this issue is still not resolved. I tried the cache clearing preference resetting thing & it still doesn't work. What's the problem Adobe? Please fix this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2019 Apr 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a subscription to the entire Adobe creative cloud suite & all of my apps are updated to the latest version & this issue is still occurring. I've cleared cache and reset preferences; still not work.

Please help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2019 Apr 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seriously Adobe...full Creative Suite subscriber here. No animated previews for AE presets in Bridge. What's up? How long does something like this need to stay broken? Is there at least a video somewhere that contains these preview animations?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2019 Apr 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No joy here. Just updated to the latest Bridge today and no previews.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2019 Apr 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good news: While Adobe has been unable to fix this problem for more than a year, MotionIsland has thoughtfully come to the rescue and taken a great deal of time to create this webpage with rendered previews of text presets, and more:

After Effects Text Animation Presets Preview Gallery

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 20, 2019 Apr 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At least someone is trying to do something about the issue (hint hint, Adobe). Thank you for posting this link!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2019 Apr 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for the preview gallery! Adobe, take note, major fail for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2019 Apr 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I subscribed to the full Adobe Creative Cloud and I have the same issue.

I want to animate Text in Adobe After Effects CC 2019 using Adobe Bridge CC 2019 (release 9.0.3.279) and the preview is static.

Thanks for a solution to this issue.
Anja

Bildschirmfoto 2019-04-12 um 10.40.47.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2019 Apr 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow! thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2019 May 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this problem using Adobe Premiere CC 2019, After Effects CC 2019 and Bridge CC 2019 on a brand new, fresh install iMac 2019 model. What's the deal here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 02, 2019 Jun 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume Adobe is not going to correct this problem. I have a new iMac Pro and updated CC 2019 installed. No previews still.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As someone suggested earlier, starting PremierePro first and having it run in the background then start Bridge.  This includes AfterEffects previews.  I know you shouldn't have to do this but it works for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply. I should have mentioned in my comment that I did launch PP first, then AE and then Bridge and still have no previews. Running lates OS and have CC updated. For now, I am using that site that was created to display these previews. Again, thanks for your reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 04, 2019 Jun 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Just wanted to share my experience with Bridge.

preview of video files only works if premiere is open. Thumbnail still images on files appears randomly or not ... I'm on windows 10 and have the latest versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 06, 2019 Jun 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here... may seem minor, but this is a pretty obnoxious problem.  I've relied on animated previews since CS6, and now on a brand new imac, full creative suite completely updated and this doesn't work.  I will say it again.  Stop updating the software every year Adobe... the constant influx of new bugs and issues we have to work around with no way to down save in many apps when working in a team environment is killing our workflow and efficiency. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 10, 2019 Jun 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my end, it works with Bridge 2018, but not with 2019.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks this is helpful. Can you tell me which version you are using? I want to install it but I need the version number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bridge 8.1.0.383

Screen Shot 2019-06-10 at 5.55.55 PM.png

But some don't work:

Screen Shot 2019-06-10 at 5.55.51 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I installed the earlier version (8.1.0.3) and  it works. Thank you for your advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 31, 2019 Jul 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the problem.

Image 1564577942.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 15, 2019 Aug 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

funny because it's true.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines