• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge cs5 showing temp cache files

Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2019 Jul 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using cs5 with the bridge that came with it. lately i have been getting these files showing with thumbnails. bridge cache and bridge cachet. although they don't seem to cause problems i have never had them show and are a little annoying. anybody have an idea why they show and how to get rid of them. i can delete them but they pop right back up again2019-07-21 16_50_24-2019_Stock.png

Message was edited by: Akash Sharma

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jul 21, 2019 Jul 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac or PC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2019 Jul 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Hmillturn,

Sorry that Bridge is saving some sidecar files on your desktop

Where are these files located on your computer? Did you changed the Bridge cache location under the Preferences> Cache management section? By default ,it's saved under the "Appdata" folder.

Also, please note that Bridge has to render thumbnails from every image file upon viewing a folder's contents. This can take a couple of minutes. Are these files you're seeing temporary or stay in that location permanently?

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i had some work done to my pc and the guy put my cache on a new hard drive but the images are on other hard drives. i figured it was something with that but do not know how to fix it2019-07-22 16_19_35-Preferences.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 24, 2019 Jul 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How big are these temp cache files? Do you have your operating system set to show hidden files?

~Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 24, 2019 Jul 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

25 KB's, don,t think i have operating system set to show hidden files as these are the only odd files i see and only in bridge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2019 Aug 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If I type what you have in red, into the box in preferences will place the cache files there instead on my other hard drive? this is what i have now          2019-08-07 12_07_39-Preferences.png thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines