Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge forces me to open BRAW files with uTorrent

Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the latest version of Adobe Bridge (10.1.0.163) and the latest version of Windows 10 Pro. For no apparent reason, Bridge has "decided" that the default "Open with" option for .braw files (Blackmagic RAW video files) needs to be uTorrent (!).
It's a "decision" of Bridge alone, since the OS has the official BRAW player set as the default app to open .braw files. Inside Bridge, I can't see .braw format among the list of file types to change its default app.
Any suggestion?

TOPICS
Bug , How to , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 28, 2020 Jun 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone?

I really need this solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 28, 2020 Jun 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Matt,

I've never heard of this. I had to look it up. I found this:

[What is BRAW Studio for Adobe CC ? BRAW Studio is a Premiere Pro / Media Encoder / After Effects plugin which uses the official Blackmagic RAW API made by Blackmagic Design to import, decode and process your . braw files.Sep 2, 2019]

It's not a standard raw format as it's intended for video. I'd check and see if Premier Pro can deal with it.

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gary, I know what BRAW is. In fact, I've been working with it for a year now.
My question is: why is Bridge opening .braw files with uTorrent when my operating system is set to open them with the official Blackmagic player? How can I change how Bridge opens .braw files?
To answer your question: Premiere Pro and Media Encoder are capable of opening and working with .braw files. That's how I edit my videos filmed in BRAW codec!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey please, I'm sorry I was not aware of BRAW, I'm a still image kind of guy. I was just trying to help!

NORMALY I'd tell you to go to File Type Associations within Bridge to set this but I do not even see any ability to create (to adjust to) new file types. 

Hopefully someone who uses Windows and does video can chime in here to help, I cannot help you at this point.

Sorry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing to be sorry about! 😉 Thanks for trying to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 03, 2020 Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please, everyone: I still need help with this issue. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Bridge Edit>Preferences>File Type Associations uncheck Hide Undefined File Associations and see if BRAW is listed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

Unfortunately, BRAW doesn't appear in the list of fyle types.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still need help with this issue. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 28, 2020 Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still need help with this issue. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried reinstalling Premiere Pro?

Bridge only responds to scripts provided by the host application.

I am downloading some braw files now and will check it out myself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, jbm007, and thanks for replying!
I'm having some troubles understanding your messages: what do you mean "the host application"? Within Bridge, I'm not trying to send .braw files to Premiere Pro or play them inside Premiere Pro or attach them to a project's timeline. In fact, I don't think I've mentioned P.Pro at all?
I'm simply trying to play the .braw files with their native (Blackmagic) application, which is called Braw Player, I have it installed on my PC and set as the default application to open .braw files in my operative system. There's no Premiere Pro involved.
Moreover, I don't understand when you say you don't have an "open with" option: every type of files has that option in Bridge. You just have to right-click on them.

Anyway, checking further, I asked my boyfriend to download Bridge on his computer and try and open .braw files with the program and it works fine for him. So my guess is Bridge is "catching" and following some old cache from my operative system. At some point in time, uTorrent must have been registered or used by mistake to open .braw files and now my version of Bridge doesn't seem to delete that cached input anymore, although it has changed in the operative system (I don't open .braw files with uTorrent!). I've tried to delete Bridge's cache or delete it and reinstall it to no avail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I understand what you are trying to do. I am just indicating the limitations that Bridge has.

Unless Blackmagic would send a script to Bridge, Bridge would not be able to do what you request.

The fact that he was able to open a braw file was probably due to the OS file association, not something Bridge would do on its own.

Bridge is honoring the OS request is probably.

Try reinstalling the Braw Player and see if that re-establishes the correct file association

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just downloaded some braw files.

When i go to Bridge, I am not offered a open with option.

I do have a "place in After Effects option, which opens AE and places the file in the app.

This looks like a script request from AE or PR that needs to be added.

If you don't have a place in AE when you R-click the file, I suggest you reinstall AE and see if that solves that portion of the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines