• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge Foto-Downloader lost memory of personal Settings after update

Explorer ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the latest update the Bridge Foto-Downloader, which automatically opens as soon as I put a SD-card into the card reader, it fails to remember my previous settings. This means that every time I enter a card for download,  I have to enter again my standard folder, the setting to delete the original files, the choice for extended dialog, and - to me very important - my choice of standard copyright meta info. Very annoying! Before the latest update, all of this used to be unneccessary as Bridge opened with my last settings.

Is there a way to get the memory back?

TOPICS
Bug , How to , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 22, 2020 May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing the same problem, and it is very annoying, so would be delighted to have an answer to this too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 23, 2020 May 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, are you on a Mac, a PC?

Did you search or create a thread on the https://feedback.photoshop.com site, watched by Adobe staff. Make sure to provide as many relevant details as possible about the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PC, and no I will look at the link, thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Taken a look and as far as I can see people have been asking the same question for the last 2 years. windows 10 and Mac users, I have updated from windows 7 this year and didn't have a problem previously running bridge on windows 7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Myself, I didn´t have the problem with previous Versions of Photoshop or Windows. With Win10 it worked fine for me, untill the latest Adobe Update earlier on this year.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah well that's one thing to rule out, having only just updated to Win 10 I thought that might be the problem, hope Adobe fix the bug soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 27, 2020 May 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here´s one more bit of unhelpfull experience:

When I started working with Win10 more than a year ago, I decided to do this parallel to the previous Win7 installation, which allowed me to take my time shifting actions and settings under the new OS as they became needed. Now I found that under Win7 the latest version of Bridge works still fine. So fact is, the problem occurred for me the first time ever, under the latest combination of  Photoshop and  and that of Win10 sometime in April 2020, and there is no fix to be found for this anywhere, even though it seems that some people had the same problem several years ago 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello how are you?

I'm Bekzod

i'm form Uzbekistan 

are you help to me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I´m here looking for help myself 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 24, 2021 Oct 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New disappointments with next year´s version of Bridge etc.

Today the new Photoshop Version 23.0.0 installed itself on my not brand new intel7 CPU PC, together with Bridge 12.0.0.234 and all the rest of the Adobe Photographic Package. Photoshop opened with a message about my graphic driver being not compatible (there are no new ones) but with the option to disable this message from showing up again.

An  initially very pleasant experience was the new Bridge Foto-Downloader - it´s regained it´s memory of where I want my files downloaded to and which copyright info it it to write into the meta data - hooray!  It even shows miniatures of Lumix RW2 Raw files. But then it won´t open Bridge, no matter if you marked the funktion or not - you´ll have to open Bridge yourself  and find your way from the last folder you had visited, to the place of the latest one 😉

After processing the first image in PS and going back to Bridge, I had to find it stuck, like it´s previous incarnations of the past few years - a persisting problem I have made many attempts to solve over time, following all expert´s advices and investing in diverse hardware with 500GB diskspace for the cache, all to no avail.

As my new Loptop got updated to Win11, I thought I had a chance to see how the new  Photoshop/Bridge  performs in that setup, only to find that the 22 Versions Adobe Photo Package is not available for Win 11:-(

I´ll keep searching for an alternative!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 24, 2021 Oct 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bebop,

Hang in there, I have found out that someone at Adobe flicked a switch that they shouldn't have and IF your computer happened to have searched for any updates within a given 20-ish minutes of time, you did see and get the updates. The switch was shut off as the updates are not supposed to show up until Tuesday morning at MAX. 

So if you are not seeing them, you missed the boat until Tuesday morning, if you did see them (and got them (I did)), than some components or part of them may not be functional until Tuesday morning. 

Adobe is in a holding pattern so hang in there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gary,

thanks for giving me some hope for improvement  😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gary,

now that I have installed the 2022 Versions of Photoshop and Bridge on both, my WIN10 PC and my WIN11 Laptop, I must sadly confirm my previous suspicion of Adobe´s  series of faulty product releases continuing.

While the memory retention of  the Bridge Photodownloader has finally been fixed after  two years, the check box for opening Bridge after completing the Download of files ist there, but without function. No matter if it is activated or not, you have to open Bridge manually and then navigate to the newly downlodea Files, where it still, even though less frequently, gets stuck quite often 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bebop,

I'm sorry that it's not fully functional on Windows 11, it does work on my Mac. 

However, reading that you're navigating to a folder brings up a possible alternative that you may or may not be aware of. I always open a folder by dragging either the folder's icon or a single file over to Bridge's icon in the Mac's Dock. As far as I know, that should work on Bridge as well. IF it doesn't, you could also leave a Shortcut of Bridge on your Desktop and drag to that.

Let me know if this works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Gary,

unfortunately the suggested solution wouldn´t bring any advantage. I download new files into a new folder named according to the date, placed as subfolder  in an extensive hierarchic structure of folders.

All previous versions of the Bridge Photo Downloader  - even the ones with other, now finally fixed faults - when the check box "open bridge" was activated, opened the newly created folder with the newly downloded files in Bridge, after deleting the files on the SD card, according to the activated checkboxes. Now, after the files on the SD card are deleted, nothing happens, untill you open Bridge manually, which brings you to the folder you last worked with before you closed Bridge.

This happens on both OS the same - WIN 10 or WIN 11 makes no difference. What I really find annoying, ist the fact that there is a checkbox which obviously is faulty. Paired with the experience of the time it took Adobe to correct the last bunch of malfunctions in this small and simple app, there is little hope of this nuisance getting fixed in the near future. I don´t want to spend time on finding and learning any tricks to enable me towork around the problems of faulty, expensive software. I want Adobe to fix it with an update soon!

regards,   bb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Oct 25, 2021 Oct 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a lengthy discussion here with a possible solution which has worked for lots of users:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/bridge-discussions/bridge-photo-downloader-does-not-retain-settings/m...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Erik,

unfortunately this hint comes a little late. These bugs have been fixed in the new 2020 version released today togethe with a brand new bug to keep us all fuming - see my communication with Gary SC in this Discussion...

regards  bb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines