• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge is not responding since graphics card update

Participant ,
Dec 04, 2016 Dec 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have just updated to a new graphics card MSI GeForce GTX 1050 Ti on my Win 10 64bit PC. But now Bridge just doesn't respond for ages every time I try to do something. I have uninstalled Bridge CC and then re-installed it but it hasn't solved the issue.

Can someone help please driving me crazy!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 18, 2017 Jan 18, 2017

Hi RacingTog,

I suspect that Software rendering preference is turned-on. Can you please check the option "Use Software Rendering" under preferences (as shown in screenshot below), this should be off.

BridgePreferences.png

Thanks,

Deepak Gupta

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,
Dec 10, 2016 Dec 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, So, I had my IT engineer come round today and completely updated my PC and home network.  Everything is working great now and even Bridge is working much faster, but it still goes into “not responding” briefly and lags slightly.

Good news is that Photoshop appears to be showing my images in decent colours again, at least they appear to match how they appear in Bridge.

I have no idea what settings I am supposed to set in Bridge and Photoshop so that the symbol in PS shows that the colour settings are linked together.

Can any body please show me how to set up PS and Bridge so that they use the same settings please?

Does anyone know how I can get Bridge to work without lagging again? I don’t know why it’s doing this?

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 17, 2016 Dec 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone from Adobe please tell me why they have these forums? Nobody has bothered to respond to my post - so what IS the point?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 19, 2016 Dec 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Racing tog, hello, sorry no one could help you on that matter. The Bridge forum has less users than the Photoshop one.

Also, please try to give as much relevant information, for instance, the content of the folder, the version of your graphic card driver, the exact versions of Bridge installed (the .version) as it might help pinpoint the problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 23, 2016 Dec 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi PECourtejoie,

Thanks for eventually getting back to me. The folders contained Nikon .NEF files but the problem is the same with any image files.

The Graphics card driver is: NVDIA date 01/12/16 Driver version: 21.21.13.7619

Bridge Version: 7.0.0.93 x64

Bridge has gone back to being very slow and "not responding"

Not impressed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 18, 2017 Jan 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, did you try to purge the cache on the offending folders? Tools>Cache>Purge Cache For Folder...

Did you try older or newer GFX card drivers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 18, 2016 Dec 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solution?

OK, so here’s what I did.
I uninstalled Bridge 2017. I installed Bridge 2015. This didn’t work any better than 2017. !sad smiley

I ran 2015 as Administrator by right clicking the Bridge2015.exe file. (C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Bridge CC 2015). I than tested the Bridge 2015 app for Windows compatibility issues (there is an option on right clicking the Bridge2015.exe file to test for compatibility) This then tested the app in Win 8 mode. When I tested the app it didn’t work.sad smiley

I then told the Windows compatibility that it didn’t work (it stays open while you test the app) and it asked what version it had worked in previously, so I said Win 7. I then tested the app in Win 7 compatibility mode (there is a test button in the Win Compatibility checker) – and it worked!smoking smiley

I then re-installed Bridge 2017 and, right clicked the Bridge2017.exe file (C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Bridge CC 2017) and selected “Run as Administrator” and it too now works!the finger smiley

Wow! What can I say? (Chorus of “Only Bloody Adobe!”)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 18, 2017 Jan 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi RacingTog,

I suspect that Software rendering preference is turned-on. Can you please check the option "Use Software Rendering" under preferences (as shown in screenshot below), this should be off.

BridgePreferences.png

Thanks,

Deepak Gupta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines