• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge not using Cache over network

Participant ,
Jul 09, 2020 Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everybody. Due to the current pandemic situation, I've had to move my office from my work location to my home, so I have my computer system now setup in my basement. I have very fast internet, 1gig fibre down and 35mb upload speed

When I was using Adobe Bridge on the local network at work, it was very very fast.. I would cache the files and browsing through directories with files was a breeze.

Now, I have to connect to my network using a VPN and connecting to those mapped drives. 

The problem I am finding is that while everything works perfectly fine in every way, the only issue I am finding is that Brige does not Cache the files and directories permanently -- as in if I was browsing through some folders with files, the previews take a very long time to show up -- I can see in the network activity it is downloading the files to get the preview images. Once the preview is generated, the folders are very fast to browse through. If I close bridge, it will have to download the files again to get the previews.

I am not sure if this is how it worked over the local network because I recall it being extremely fast to browse, it could of been because it was caching properly or just because it was local network files over a fast network.

I guess what I am trying to say is that, I know that Bridge is caching the files because I can look in the local folder and see all the cached image previews -- but the computer just keeps downloading files to get previews which means it takes forever to browse through folders. Once the previews are generated, it should be very fast to browse through folders, especially after restarting bridge.

I hope this makes sense. Thank you for your time

TOPICS
Performance , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a very similar issue, again since lockdown and working from home.

I have found bridge to be very, very slow to navigate folders and generate the folder structure. Even revisting folders that I have just had previews generated for starts over again. It seem to forget the folder contents completley.

This is on multiple SSD drives but on the same machine, and the machine is fast (i7, 32GB, 2x 1TB SSD's etc.)

What I have noticed is that connecting to my works VPN brings bridge back to it's speedy self, disconnecting slows it all down again. So I am guessing the mapped network drives that require a VPN connection to view, is slowing bridge when they are not connected. This did not seem to be an issue on previous versions from memory but is very annoying now and as everyone will know VPN connections often slow local connections - mine goes from 300mbs to 40 when connected on VPN but bridge runs ligtning fast - classic catch 22)

Any ideas how to resolve this ?
I have tried everything, even complete format and re-install

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its not likely to ever work well. Bridge is best used with local drives.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Very similar situation here too...when not connected to VPN, bridge performs quickly navigating through folders and displaying subfolders on my Hard Drive, but on when connected to the VPN, browsing the Network share is painfully slow. I know it must be something with Bridge because if I use Windows Explorer to navigate the Network share it's pretty quick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines