• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge Photo Downloader

Explorer ,
Jun 07, 2020 Jun 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using my usual workflow with Bridge Photo Downloader (version 10.0.4.157),  I am unable to download images from a Sandisk 64gb CFExpress card via the card reader to an iMac Pro (mac os Catalina):

• Adobe Bridge .> File > Get Photos From Camera > No Device Found > Refessh > No Device Found.
  • The CFExpress card reader hardware, with the CFExpress card inserted, is recognised by my computer (Applications >Utilities >System Information > Hardware >USB) as 'Sandisk SDDR-F451'.  
  • The CFExpress card is mounted in the Finder as an exterrnal drive (EOS_Digital).  
  • The images on the card are available (EOS_Digital >DCIM > images.CR3) and may be directly transferred by drag and drop onto the computer desktop or into an appropriate folder. 
  • If the camera, containing the Sandisk CFExpress card is attached directly to the computer via a USB3.1 cable,  the images on the card can be transferred using Adobe Bridge Photo Downloader into a selected folder. 

Sandisk says:

"Thank you for the patience while checking this matter with our engineering team. Following the escalation of your case,  I would like to reconfirm as I have informed before, that this is an issue with the software and not with the reader, as the reader is working, however not working in the software.
In this case, please be so kind to contact Adobe for further assistance.  Thank you for your cooperation and for your understanding, also for allowing us to be of service to you!"

As a result of this fault with the Photo Downloader, I am forced with each download manually to generate a new dated folder for the images.  Why can't I use my card reader to download my inages via Bridge Photo Downloader?

TOPICS
Import and export , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 08, 2020 Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure the Adobe app has file access.

https://nektony.com/duplicate-finder-free/folders-permission

If it worked before try clearing your Bridge preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for your response and for the link which you provided.  Regrettably, the card reader has never worked with Bridge and I have not been asked by the computer operating system to grant access permission either to the card reader or to Adobe Bridge. 

Before contacting you I did confirm that both Adobe Bridge and Adobe Photoshop had Full Disk Access.  Bridge also has access to Photos within the System Preferences/Security & Privacy/Privacy Tab.  

I have also noted that Get Info > Sharing & Permissions show that with the .CR3 files “You can read and write” but with  the mounted EOS_Digital disk in the Finder the permission is “You have custom access”.  I have been unable to obtain a clear definition of what this statement means.  I have considered changing the access  permission for EOS_Digital to “Read and write”  but I am unsure of the precise information to input into the Computer Terminal.

I am most grateful for your assistance.

All best wishes

Thom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Hanahoe,

Just out of curiosity, have you ever formated that card by your computer, not in your camera?

The reaon I ask is that the rule of thumb is not NOT format the card in the camera because it may have a different formatting pattern that the camera (sort of like formatting a hard drive for Macs and then trying to use in on a PC). Generally I am to understand that this would prevent it from being used in the camera but I'm wondering if this is a flip of that: it worked in the camera but not back at the computer.

As long as you have access to your images, please move them to your camera and then do a format of the card IN THE CAMERA. Then see if you still have this problem.

let us know,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gary,

Thanks for your helpful comment.   I routinely format my cards in camera.  However, I did note that in the Finder > Applications > Disk Utility, the SANDISK SDDR-F451 Media card reader is formatted with MAC OS Extended (Journaled) whereas the EOS_DGITAL card within the card reader is formatted with ExFat.  Accordingly, I reformatted the card in Disk Utility to MAC OS Extended (Journaled).  As anticipated the card did not function in this format.  I reformatted it back to ExFat and it again functions appropriately; but it still shows 'No Device Found' in Adobe Photo Downloader! 

All best wishes

Thomn.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Hanahoe,

Shoot, I always hate it when my brilliant ideas fall flat. ;>)

OK, next experiement: do you have any other brands of cards to try?

I do know that Adobe was having some issues getting CR3 file format going but as I'm a CR2 user, they haven't been an issue to me. But I've not heard of any specific issues with Photo Downloader. 

Fortunately, at most this is an inconvenience to you. Unfortunately this does appear to be broke.

Please send this information off to: https://adobebridge.uservoice.com

Hopefully it gets resolved soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Hanahoe,

Just out of curiosity, do you mind sending me several of your images via PM?

I'd be curious to place these images on one of my cards and see if they work for me.

Just PM me when you get a chance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gary,

Many thanks for your response; it really is apprecited.  I too had similar thoughts so I uploaded .CR2 files onto the CFExpress card and Adobe Photo Downloader still did not recognise the CFExpress card in the Sandisk CFExpress card reader. Also, .CR3 files transferred onto a CFast card and placed in a Lexar CFast card reader were downloaded by Bridge Photo Downloader. So (regrettably!) I concluded thatt the problem does not relate to the file type.

Thanks again

All best wishes

Thom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What a strange one. 

It does appear that your only route for this will be that UserVoice for Bridge.

Good luck,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same problem. I can look at the raw files on my card in Bridge directly but cannot see the "device" on the downloader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Edhyde1903,

Thanks for your update.  I have now circumvented the Bridge problem by buying Photo Mechanic 6 which does an excellent job of downloading the raw files directly from from the Sandisk CFexpress card reader.  It aslo has significant advantages over Bridge with respect to both keywording the raw files so that the keywords are tagged to all subsequent developments of the raw files and in presenting the GPS data from the camera in a format directly recogniseable by google maps and google earth.  Adobe needs to catch up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2021 May 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue using a Lexar 64Gb CFexpress card. Adobe Bridge Photo Downloader refuses to recognize the card when connected via a CFexpress card reader. But it does when the camera is connected using the USB cable. Although a minor imposition, I wonder why Adobe hasn't addressed this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Card readers have always been a crap shoot with OS and apps. 

Some work better then others, some don't work at all.

Currently I am using a WARRKY card reader with windows and it has been working flawlessly.

When you insert a CF card into the reader , does the OS show a pop up "what would you like to do with these files"?

If not Bridge is unlikely to see them or read them. Then there is "photo downloader" in Bridge.

There are better out there.  I for one don't use it. Good file manager is simple, and does a better job.

Want to make it more complicated, get "image ingester".

Who knows if they will ever fix the problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The Photo Downloader is a piece of junk. I recommend not using it. Just copy your files over in the Finder/Windows Explorer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines