• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge Scrolling Backwards

New Here ,
Jan 10, 2020 Jan 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bridge scrolling is the opposite from all other applications. How do I change this?

TOPICS
Bug , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which OS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Lucinda,

I THINK you are seeing an optical illusion, if so, I see it as well.

Here's the issue: IF you are scrolling with a mouse wheel, the mouse wheel has indents (that you can feel as you scroll, little bumps). Thus, the actual scrolling is not smooth, rather it moves in little static jerks.

Now I have to digress for a moment: have you ever been watching a movie or television where the wagon wheels appear to be moving backwards? That happens because there is not a 1:1 ratio of the film's frame and the wagon wheel's movement. The wheel is going in the correct rotation but the film caught the spokes of the wheel at, what we would observe, before the previous position, not after. 

OK, back to the Bridge issue: As we scroll with the mouse wheel, those indents lock the amount of travel in small bits. Also, we have very specific objects we are observing, either photos or folders. If the posiition of the folder appears to go down as we are trying to scroll up, it will appear that we are scrolling backward when we are obviously not.

And yes, it's very annoying and/or disconcerting. 

There are two ways to get around this: Do not scroll, rather drag the window's handle up or down. Alternatively, if you change the size of your photos or folders (larger or smaller, you'll have to figure that out with trial and error), the apparent movement will be correct. 

I suppose you might try also switching to a trackpad (no indents and no scroll wheel).

Let us know if this resolves your problem/issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines