• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge Update Error 146

Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried to use Creative Cloud to update bridge. I get the error below. I downloaded the dmg file and it gets the same error. The suggestions on the Error 146 Troubleshooting page do not work. What do I do?

-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------

- 2 fatal error(s), 0 error(s), 1 warnings(s)

FATAL: Error (Code = 146) executing in command 'MoveDirectoryCommand' for package: 'AdobeBridge8.0-mul', version:8.0.1.282

FATAL: Error occurred in install of package (Name: AdobeBridge8.0-mul Version: 8.0.1.282). Error code: '146'

WARN: Failed to move directory '/.adobeTemp/671FADA4-BA38-437B-8BDB-AEA35A45D96C/1/Adobe Bridge' to '/System/Library/Components/PDFImporter.component/Adobe Bridge CC 2018'

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jan 26, 2018 Jan 26, 2018

Of course I can't guarantee it will work for you but the problem seems to come from the new version not having permission to replace the old version so removing the old takes away that block (my theory).

All I can say is it was ok for me. One extra bit of info is it asks if you want to keep the setting and when I did it I choose 'no'.

Yes, I wish adobe and apple would work on stability instead of adding new features!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Take a look here: Resolve Error Code 146 or 147 encountered while installing Adobe Creative Cloud desktop apps.

Axel

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Axel: None of those suggestions worked. I tried them before I sent the note above and I just tried them again. I am on a MAC. The file in question is "/System/Library/Components/PDFImporter.component/Adobe Bridge CC 2018". The MAC finder will not allow me to change permissions. When I try, I get the error "The operation can’t be completed because you don’t have the necessary permission." even though I am the only user and the administrator. That's why I do not know what to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have the same problem and unfortunately does not work any of "solutions" mentioned on the support site ... I have a MAC as well and everything is up to date on it ... last time (September if I remember well) was the situation the same but two times trial "solved" the issue ... not now ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 13, 2017 Dec 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may have to login as root in order to have the permissions needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same exact problem. I uninstalled the Bridge, thinking I can reinstall it again. And didn't keep any of the preferences. Now I can't even install the Bridge, I keep getting the same error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same error. I downloaded Bridge directly from here, Download Creative Cloud apps​. Installed using the .dmg. Checked Adobe Application Manager and it still showed an update for Bridge. I clicked install and it worked. Bridge is updated and I no longer see the update for Bridge in Adobe Application Manager.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! This method worked for me. Update also worked. I have a MacBook Pro Touch Bar with High Sierra installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup. I have the same configuration. Glad it worked for you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed using this method but it still says there's an update and the version installed is not the one referenced in the Creative Cloud app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/creative-cloud-app…

I installed it from the above link which was posted on Moon_jo's answer. My version after the update says Version 8.0.1.282 I believe it's the latest version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does not work for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 23, 2018 Jan 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does not work for me to 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, Moon_jo's solution does not work for me. When I run the downoaded install package I get Error 146. I still do not have a way to upgrade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me neither

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does not work for me too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 20, 2017 Dec 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup, this worked for me. Thank you so much!! Now I'll try to do the same for Character Animator, I had received the same error code.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem. Moon_jo's answer solved it. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After try many different things I found a new way to get Bridge to install...

on Mac...

Close the adobe Creative Cloud App

Open the Applications folder, then 'Adobe Bridge CC 2018' and Run the uninstallation. This re-opens the Creative Cloud app

Then I used this link from above:

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-c loud/kb/creative-cloud-app…

to install bridge again from a .dmg...

Then updating with the Creative cloud app worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 26, 2018 Jan 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that...but what happen when I can't re-install Bridge after the uninstallation...I will be completely blocked and could not work anymore...

What a shame the Adobe does not fix that !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course I can't guarantee it will work for you but the problem seems to come from the new version not having permission to replace the old version so removing the old takes away that block (my theory).

All I can say is it was ok for me. One extra bit of info is it asks if you want to keep the setting and when I did it I choose 'no'.

Yes, I wish adobe and apple would work on stability instead of adding new features!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your feedback !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem on my MacBook Pro and tried to solve it by Un-installing and re-Installing from the Adobe update link in the top menu bar. I then followed the suggestion to download & re-Install from the CC page Download Creative Cloud apps​ and this worked perfectly. Tried the update again and that worked perfectly too. Thank you all, problem solved for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Work for me ! Thanks for the feedback !!!!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now I'm having the same problem, Error 146 with Premiere CC + Media Encoder CC with the latest updates. I'm not using Premiere much so I'm going to deal with this when I have more time. On a Bridge related issue (Version 8.0.1.282) sometimes when I close the application, I get a message saying "... Some file is missing" I can't remember the exact message or the name of the file it refers to as it doesn't always pop up. Once I click OK, then I'm able to quit Bridge. Strange…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines