• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera Raw 12.3 beware!

New Here ,
Jul 24, 2020 Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're used to using Adobe Bridge and ACR, to speed-up your work procedure, be aware that it's not just the interface that has changed—the speed and functionality seems to require a lot more system resources.  For instance, I'm one who uses the crop feature quite a bit.  When cropping large images, one can no longer just draw a cropping rectangle around the portion of the image you want—you must a watch the screen lag as you drag the corner handles from the edges of your full image to what you want.  Then, when you double-click— you'll get a blank screen—a bug that I've not seen anyone else complain about.  I'm guessing that Adobe is trying to make the experience more like cropping on other programs, but this is really agravating!  The new Geometry tab's anamorphic guideline control seems to be more limited in the amout one can manipulate the crop too.  —Yes—after a good amout of time, I finally figured out where that feature was hidden!  Really helpful for artists trying to crop photos of their artwork for documentation.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 24, 2020 Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your config? OS, memory, graphics?

Abambo
via mobile phone.
ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2020 Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My system config is MacOS 10.15.6 on an iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch Late 2015)

running a 4 GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7

with 32 GB 1867 MHz DDR3

and a AMD Radieon R9 M395 2GB Graphics card

I'm hoping to go back to my Bridge and Camera Raw configuration from Spring, 2020.  I don't need anything but JPG export right now anyway.  I really hope the next update goes back to the old way of cropping and transforming images!  I can get used to the new interface, although I still don't like it after using it almost every day since my post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines