• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can Bridge create "alias" files? trying to create without duplicating images. Really need help.

New Here ,
Feb 20, 2020 Feb 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all.

Using Latest Bridge on MBP 10.15.3

I have a large collection of photos that I have everything keyworded. What I'd like to do is after I complete a search by Keyword, say "Family" I create a Smart Collection. So that search is Saved. Amazing! I know that I can do this for anything that I keyworded.

My question: is there a way to create a folder of images that instead of Duplicating, it creates an "alias" of sorts? I know that I could just take my Smart Collection select all the images, and drag them to a new folder in Bridge called "Family". But I think that this just duplicates the files, which means more HD space used. I've also noticed that if I move an image from a Collection to a new Bridge folder, it actually moves the original file from it's original location which I DON'T want to do.

Anyone have a workflow for this? Ultimately I'll be importing the Family folder (of aliases?") this into Plex Media Serveras a Shared Library.

TOPICS
How to , Keywords

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 20, 2020 Feb 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume you'd have to import the original files into Plex.
As for creating aliases, that would likely require that you write a custom script.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2020 Feb 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess what I am trying when I have a custom search is to have that search be sim-linked(?) to the original file so that my searches don't start to get out of hand size wise. Plex would be able to pick that up (I think). I'd love to try this but I don't know anything about scripting.

Thanks. Anyone else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 21, 2020 Feb 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Collections are saved as text files. I'm not getting what you are trying to accomplish, but you don't want a bunch of aliases.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines