• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can "Date Created" in Metadata be Changed?

Explorer ,
Aug 18, 2018 Aug 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I just loaded about 1300 images from a recent trip into Bridge and I realized that the date stamp "Date Created" in the exif and metadata is not correct.  I'm still trying to figure out how the date in my camera changed, but the time stamp on every image is off a few months and 4 years.  The date in my camera was Januray 2014, ugh.  But the question remains, is it possible to change the date and in a batch style?  I'm not worried about the time, but I would like to have the correct date showing under the "File Properties" section.  Please help?

Many thanks,

Ruth

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 18, 2018 Aug 18, 2018

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Paul-Riggott/PS-Scripts/master/Change%20CreateDate.jsx

Or here:

Change EXIF Createdate

If you need help saving/installing scripts, check out my blogpost:

Prepression: Downloading and Installing Adobe Scripts

Otherwise the command line interface ExifTool program has a lot more options for the changing dates/times of your files.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved from Photoshop​ to Bridge

Yes, this is possible, although the exact date and time will be synced across all images.

1. Go to Tools > Create Metadata Template...
  2. Check "Date Time Original" and change the date.
  3. Save.
  4. Select files to be modified
  5. Go to Tools > Replace Metadata > [your template name]

1.jpg 2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg

Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very simple. Thank you for sharing this process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Benjamin,

Yes, that did change the date, thanks.  But I noticed it didn't change it everywhere.  When I'm in Bridge and do a Control I to bring up all the exif info, the original date is still there.  Hopefully this will work fine.  Thank you.

Ruth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Paul-Riggott/PS-Scripts/master/Change%20CreateDate.jsx

Or here:

Change EXIF Createdate

If you need help saving/installing scripts, check out my blogpost:

Prepression: Downloading and Installing Adobe Scripts

Otherwise the command line interface ExifTool program has a lot more options for the changing dates/times of your files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2022 Dec 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a similar challenge and this solution worked perfectly! I love the ability to add or subtract hours to the file creation date. Super helpful. Thanks a million! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2023 May 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This script is awesome! I was able to edit the times for some of my photos to synchronize among several cameras.

But camera has a persistent battery failure, so its clock reset to 1/1/1980.  The script allows adding or subtracting only a maximum of 24 hours.  I need to change these photos by 15830 days -- is there a way to do that?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We have released a new version of Adobe Bridge (CC 2019) on 15th October 2018. The new version build number is 9.0.0.204. This version is available to install via Adobe Creative Cloud application.

This Bridge update contains support for editing capture time of images (https://helpx.adobe.com/bridge/using/preview-compare-images-bridge.html#Edittheimagecapturetime).

Please check following link to know about all new features in Adobe Bridge CC 2019 - https://helpx.adobe.com/bridge/using/whats-new.html

You may need to update the Creative Cloud application and restart your computer to see the updated installer.

Thanks,

Varun Varshney

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines