• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot see the photos on my cd card when opening bridge

New Here ,
May 02, 2020 May 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Adobe bridge doesn't see a content on my cd card. I accidentally denied that card and I cannot make it active. Please, help me to solve this problem. 

Thank you

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Irina,

As you're not able to see the content on the card through Bridge, could you please let us know the version of Bridge you're working with?

Please try resetting the preferences of Bridge and let us know if it helps. https://helpx.adobe.com/in/bridge/kb/troubleshoot-errors-freezes-bridge.html

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your message. I’m using the latest version of Bridge. 

--
Sent from Yandex.Mail for mobile

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Irina,

Not sure I understand what you mean by "denied the card," but continuing: how are you looking at the card (are you using a card reader or are you plugging your camera into your computer with a USB cord)?

Also, are you trying to use PhotoDownloader, the application that you can start from within Bridge? If so, sometimes (not all the time), I have to select "Refresh the view" (or something like that) becuase it misses my card the first time. 

Also, is your card showing up on your computer? If it's not showing up there it wont show up in Bridge/Card reader either.

Oh, to better help us give you help, what is your OS and what release?

Let us know

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I tried to use Bridge, the micro sd memory card was plugged into my computer. 
Then Bridge asked me if I wanted to remember that card. And I accidentally pressed NO. So, after that my S.D. card isn’t active. I ve already tried to delete the program and installed again. The problem is the same.  Hope it’s more clear. Thank you. 

--

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, that part is clear, I still would like to know if you have a PC or Mac (and what version of the either is).

The MAIN QUESTION: are there still images on this card or have you removed them prior to this problem?

(Back to another question I need to know, when you place the card in tthe card reader, does the card show up in either the Finder or Explorer?)

If you have already removed the images from this card, all you should need to do is to format the card in your camera. 

FWIW, after moving the images from your card, you should ALWAYS format the card in your camera, never erase or format the card in your computer.

Let us know,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a MacBook air 10. 15.4 
Yes, there are still images on sd card but it doesn’t matter, because bridge doesn’t allow to see them. It shows the card but not the content. Finder is ok, it works on other apps, like cloud Lightroom. The sd card has been formatted a few times and has a different content. 
Thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Irina,

OK, let me try this again, If you've removed the images on the card so that it's safe to format the card, please format the card, take a few more images so there's something on the card, and then see if the images show up when you use the PhotoDownloder?

Wait, are you using this:

2020-05-04_18-01-34.png

which opens up the Photodownloader on your computer and lets you import the images into a folder so that Bridge can see them in the folder? Or are you expecting the images on the card to just "show up" in Bridge when you insert the card in your card reader?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2023 Oct 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same problem and yes, for me - I am expecting the images on the card to just show up in Bridge when I insert eh card in my card reader. In fact, they always have. Until now. Any advice on this? I don't want to download the images, I just want to view them. This is how I usually do my first pass through the images to delete the ones that are no good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 24, 2023 Oct 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, @jenniferc57007055, not quite. The images are on the card, but before you do anything to/with them, they really, really need to be transferred to your computer first. There are multiple reasons why it's a bad idea to work on your camera card. I've enough to add to this, but if you want me to address this issue, ask.

To do this, simply start up Photo Downloader (PD). In the basic mode it will appear as this:

2023-10-24_15-46-15.png

 First, if your card is not instantly recognized and displayed, press down on the double-headed blue arrow and see if you see the card. If you do, select it. If you do not, try extracting the card and putting it back into your computer. 

Second, where do you want the images to land on your computer?

Set #3 if you want to rename the photos as they are ingested into your computer. If you do not do this, they will just come in with the name they were given in the camera.

Lastly, #4, the first option might be checked off on your system. Since I do not know your process, I can only guess, but this might be it.

The 2nd option is something that I do with all raw images. It's your choice.

Never ever do the "Delete Original Files." The most salient reason is that if unknown to you, the transfer to your computer got fouled up. Normally, you can go back to your card and try again. Well, if the images are deleted, that option is now gone. Generally, I never delete the images on my card (which should be done IN your camera, not by a computer) until I have at least two copies of my images.

And speaking of which, this last option does give you the ability to have the images automatically placed in two locations. Personally, I do not do this as I always want to get a bit of processing in before I copy to my 2nd drive. I already have two copies of the originals (my computer and the card), so this would be a temporary redundant. It's your call on this or any of the other options in here. 

Oh, if you click the Advanced mode, you can see all of the images on the card, and if there are a few images you want NOW, you can easily select them and download them to your computer.

I hope this is of help; good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines