• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Contact sheet Bridge 2019

Participant ,
Jan 19, 2020 Jan 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Bridge 2019. I want to be able to make a contact sheet as before, where it createds a layered file with the images each on a separate layer. I want to be able to rearrange the images on the contact sheet. For example I might want 5 images on one sheet. 4 landscape shape and one portrait shape. Previously in earlier versions of Bridge I could have 2 columns and 3 rows, and load the landscape ones first, across first and second rows, and the portrait one last. Then in CC with the Move tool I could move the portrait one into the centre of the third row.

Now with the Output Module, I don't seem to be able to do that. Firstly the images no longer remain in the order I have arranged them in in Bridge, they become arranged in alphabetical order of title, and secondly, the 5th image, the vertical one, is placed into the bottom left square of the grid, and is not movable to the centre of the third row.

Please can you explain how I might do what I want to do. I use this kind of layout quite often as part of a report on my photo club website.

Thanks,

TOPICS
How to , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 23, 2020 Jan 23, 2020

i believe you need to have matched versions of photoshop and bridge as alluded to elsewhere in this thread.

In otherwords, to use Bridge 2019 you need photoshop cc 2019, however photoshop 2020 and bridge 2020 are the most current versions, so you might as well upgrade to both of those.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 20, 2020 Jan 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its a goner. 

Output module is what is left.

You could create templates in PS. or use excel, word templates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's what I feared. so I'll have to keep Bridge 2015 as well. what a pain. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to use Photoshop or InDesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well to use Photoshop you have to number the images to get them to be added in the order you want, and then use Batch Rename to take those numbers off again. What a pain!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this what your after?

Using Bridge 2020 and photoshop 2020

Screenshot-(220).jpg

Open saved pdf from bridge into photoshop

Screenshot-(221).jpg

Move portrait image to center in third row

Screenshot-(222).jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 21, 2020 Jan 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff, Thank you. Yes, that is exactly what I want to be able to do. I've followed your screengrabs, thank you for going to so much trouble. It is doable, but more fiddly than a contact sheet saved as a tiff with layers which you can adjust each layer if you want. I'm not sure why you needed the 'Load Selecton' step in the History? Is it possible to make PS save it as a layered file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 21, 2020 Jan 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With Bridge cc 2015 were you using Output or Tools>Photoshop>Contact Sheet II?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 22, 2020 Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff, I was using Tools>PS>Contact Sheet II. That combines the images, from Bridge, in the order you have them on-screen, without numbering, and opens the file as a tiff in layers, in PS. Why do you ask? Ruth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Contact Sheet II is still available in Bridge/Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Bridge CC 2019. It is not under Tools. There is only the Output module, which produces a flattened pdf. In Photoshop there is Contact Sheet II under the File > Automate menu, but as I said earlier, it loads the images in alphabetical order. What was so useful in the earlier Bridge was that you could arrange your images in whatever order you liked, then make a Contact Sheet, and the images would load into it in the same manually chosen order as you had them in Bridge. Really frustrating, these 'improvements' are supposed to make things more streamlined.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Tools menu is added to Bridge in a script which is installed with Photoshop. You must be using the same versions of Bridge and Photoshop or this is problematic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of photoshop are you using with bridge 2019?

What operating system are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 23, 2020 Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff, thanks.

I have Mac os Mojave and CC 2015.5.which I think is now called 17.02, and Bridge 2019.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 23, 2020 Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i believe you need to have matched versions of photoshop and bridge as alluded to elsewhere in this thread.

In otherwords, to use Bridge 2019 you need photoshop cc 2019, however photoshop 2020 and bridge 2020 are the most current versions, so you might as well upgrade to both of those.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 24, 2020 Jan 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well yes, it looks like that's the only solution. Thank you Jeff for your patience. I tend to work on the principle that if what you've got works, what is the point of upgrading to something that may be a problem. The upgrades of CC seem always to have ever more things added that I don't need, and take up more HD space. I still have a dmg of Bridge 2015 so I think I will re-install that instead of 2019. then the two should work better together.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines