• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS6 Bridge/Win 7 freezes

Community Beginner ,
Jun 05, 2012 Jun 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First week or so of using Bridge CS6 all went well, now having lots of slow downs/freezes/delays that eventually clear up (when browsing a folder of files). Once I'm able to open a file in ACR performance is fine, but this is making Bridge unsuable for workflow. Is this a known problem and is a fix coming?

JW

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2014 Mar 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Folks,

You may have found this in other threads, but the following VERY SIMPLE SOLUTION worked for us.

We had exactly the same issue on Vista, we upgraded the given machine to W7, same problem.

THEN I found this fix, we implemented it, and shazam, all better.

Hope it works for you. This is taken from another thread on this forum, regarding the same topic of Bridge being slow/freezing.

Bender8472 wrote:

Unplug your network cable and see if the lag goes away.

I had the exact same problem, a 10 second lag when trying to certain tasks. After a month of troubleshooting, I finally discovered that it was, of all things, a networking problem. My company (like most companies) has a group policy in place that redirects my "Library" folders (Documents/Pictures/Videos ect) from my local drive, to a network drive. Bridge adds these locations to your "favorites" by default, and for some reason, it seems to puke all over itself if they're pointed to a place on the network.

How I fixed it

1. To make sure Bridge wasn't trying to cache to the network, I had IT stop redirecting my library locations to the network.

2. I removed any "favorites" that were pointed to a network drive.

I would try step 2 first, because I think this might have been the problem. I just had IT remove the library redirect because I my files are far too large to store on the network in the first place. It seems that IT directors don't like it when you fill up the company SAN with archived RAW files

Edit: I fogot to mention that I am on Windows 7 64bit

Message was edited by: Bender8472

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2014 Mar 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If the "very simple solution" from the post above does not work for you and you continue to have the problem that Bridge only works if you disconnect the PC from the network then here is a potential solution:

1) Deinstallation of all Adobe software from your PC

2) Run "Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool"

see also http://helpx.adobe.com/de/creative-suite/kb/cs5-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

3) If you find Adobe folders in your user directory after step2 then delete them

C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Adobe

C:\Users\username\AppData\LocalLow\Adobe

C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Adobe

4) Re-install Adobe CS6   

This has worked for me for over 2 months now without problems. No more hangs or crashes when using Adobe CS6 Bridge 64bit version on Win8.1

All other attempts like the "very simple solution" or "running in Vista Compatibility mode" did not solve the problem for me (see my post above from january)

When trying the Vista Compatibility mode in Win8 the Bridge worked fast but it started to crash frequently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

johnwelshphotophilly wrote:

First week or so of using Bridge CS6 all went well, now having lots of slow downs/freezes/delays that eventually clear up (when browsing a folder of files). Once I'm able to open a file in ACR performance is fine, but this is making Bridge unsuable for workflow. Is this a known problem and is a fix coming?

The cache drive location porobably has nothing to do with problem.  Many users have a seperate physical drive that they use for PS scratch disk and cache storage and in that case sometimes they are amazed at how much space it can use.

Back to original post.  The slowdowns/freezes/delays you see it that when browsing files in bridge?  If so, do you see the arrow spinning in lower left corner indicating files are being indexed?  If so this can cause Bridge to freeze until it makes progress. 

You say once you open a image in ACR it is fine.  This is a seperate program so in reality you are not in Bridge anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it happens when browsing files (no indexing arrow spinning, just delay, then not responding message, then it releases). It also happens when clicking on any menu item or exiting program.

Got it - about ACR being separate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears it is looking for something, not finding it and continuing.  Have you opened the Event Log in the OS clicked on the Application tab and see if there are any warnings present?  If so expand and see if it give any clues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found error repoting in App tab...nothing else but this regarding Bridge.

Fault bucket , type 0

Event Name: AppHangTransient

Response: Not available

Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:

P1: Bridge.exe

P2: 5.0.0.399

P3: 4f5ec28e

P4: unknown

P5: unknown

P6: unknown

P7: unknown

P8:

P9:

P10:

Attached files:

These files may be available here:

Analysis symbol:

Rechecking for solution: 0

Report Id: 92bc5f73-aea9-11e1-a3c1-bcaec562d468

Report Status: 1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Might google this and see if anything makes sense.  Here is one link http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itproperf/thread/e28d71ae-8fc8-437d-801b-c8d87d32... that give the same report. 

MS responed but no solution offered.   Might try the suggesitons however.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2012 Jun 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with Bridge CS6 on my Win7/64Bit System. But the problem came direct after installation. CS5 works fine. Please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By "same problem" does this mean you also have a file in appData that hangs?  By the way this is a hidden file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which can be good, I've created a new user account, the problem is solved. How can I find out which file causes this problem ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 10, 2012 Jun 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to preferences

Mac: Bridge > Preferences

Win: Edit > Preferences

Got to Cache

Empty cache

Do the same with the camera raw preferences.

Cache from a previous version might slow down a newer program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 02, 2012 Jul 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just started having freezes with Bridge CS6 and Win 7 after the recent CSXS updates, but found that the Vista compatibility trick mentioned here work. Bridge was actually hung in the background and as soon as I applied the compatibility mode it immediately responded.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2012 Aug 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HP Laptop, Windows 7 64bit.

Standard McAfee Total Protection installed and active.

370Gb+ free HDD.

Run Bridge CS6 64bit in compatibility mode for Windows Vista (Service Pack 2).

Preferences:

'Keep 100% Previews in cache' unchecked

Cache Size to maximum

Compacted Cache

Purged Cache

Removed unsed Start Up Scripts.

All working fine now, speed comparable to earlier versions of Bridge.

Didn't do any uninstall or re-installs.

Didn't create new Windows users.

At last, I can now start using Bridge again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 17, 2013 Jan 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks mitelnz for your tip im now runing my cs6 bridge (5.0.2.4 x64) on my win8 in Vista SP2 compatibility mode and works fine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2013 Feb 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problems in Windows 8, looks like they really do not care.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2013 Feb 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vista sp2 worked for me Thanks everyone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 27, 2013 Feb 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having problems with Bridge freezing for the past week. When I selected a thumbnail with the mouse it responded immediately. If I use the mouse to select a different file it responds immediately. If I use CTRL or SHIFT and try to select multiple files there is a delay of 3-5 seconds before it selects them.

I just tried changing the compatability mode to Vista as suggested above, and it has fixed it. I'm on Windows 7. I had tried everything else, and was finding it extremely frustrating. Why does the compatability mode make a difference?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 28, 2013 Feb 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bridge is very fustrating.  I have it on a Win 7 machine, and the program stalls, hangs, and freezes.  I have tried the fixes mentioned above, but no luck.  Still looking for a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tom - What happens when you switch to compatability mode of Vista? Is it just as bad?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not attempted this, I’m not familiar with the process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is very simple. Go to START/ALL PROGRAMS and select the version of Bridge you want to change by right-cliking the link. Select PROPERTIES/COMPATABILITY and change to VISTA

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2013 May 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

another Yes! to Vista emulation mode solution ... I feel bad for people out there who are probably tearing their hair out with this issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 28, 2013 Aug 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm stumped.  A few months ago I thought I had the slow Bridge CS6 issue resolved (WIN7-64) with the Vista compatability switch.  Just today, old problem back.  Vista compatability still set, cleared cache, etc. etc. Then I realized a folder in my favorites was on a network drive on a PC that was turned off.  Started that PC then everything began working.  THAT MUST BE IT!  Looking for a drive it can't find.  To double check, I turned off that same PC...... You guessed it.  Bridge STILL works.  So maybe that's not it after all.  Does this give anyone a clue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 01, 2013 Sep 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem as all you guys, I run Win 7 64bit and run CS6 and CC. I have just tried the registry edit (they were set to what they should have been anyway, and then the run in compatibility mode for Vista and so far it works! Amazing, so greatful to you all. Adobe SO need to get their act together on this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 20, 2013 May 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have posted what I think may be a fix for this problem, as it also occurs in Vista Enterprise and XP Pro (SP3).

Post is here:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/5338333#5338333

Hope this helps somebody.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines