• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Disappearing thumbnails

Mentor ,
Jan 29, 2018 Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone else seeing intermittent generic thumbnails in Bridge?

If I had to guess, I'd say it was a handful of the raw images I'd been working on in the previous session. I can fix them by selecting them and right-clicking Purge Cache for Selection, but it's a pain in the neck to keep doing this.

Seems to have started since moving to CC 2018.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jan 30, 2018 Jan 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS. It just happened to me again, so I found a few images' thumbnails in the cache. They're fine. For some reason, Bridge won't display perfectly good thumbnails until you purge the images' cache.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible you may have changed your settings for thumbnail generation? See the choices in the toolbar:

2018-02-01_10-22-34.png

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. It's set to the same as in your screenshot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a screenshot, in case I'm not being clear abut what I mean.

Untitled-1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ,

Can you please clear all cache and try checking if it solves the issue.

In case the issue persists, please let us know what file formats are facing this issue.

Regards,

Abhishek Seth.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Clear all cache?! We're talking about 50,000 Raw image previews to regenerate!

I've cleared the cache for individual folders. And when I see the icon instead of the thumbnail, I right-click and select 'Purge Cache for Selection'. Is that not enough?

Actually, the problem doesn't seem as bad now as when I posted this over 2 months ago. I am doing less processing at the moment, but I've only seen the placeholder once in the last couple of weeks. Can't remember if CC has been updated in that time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines