• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does Adobe Bridge 2020 work at all? Cannot even preview or open a JPEG!! Windows 10

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just installed Adobe Bridge 2020 on a new Win10 laptop after my Macbook Pro was murdered via Orange Juice (I'm still in mourning). Apart from hating Windows, it seems Adobe Bridge 2020 in Windows doesn't work at all. I've uninstalled and reinstalled several times. No image files show a preview, all files are marked as "Binary Documents", no files can be opened (RAW or JPEG), all previews are empty grey boxes with a lighter-grey padlock showing. Is anyone else having similar problems?

{Thread renamed by moderator}

TOPICS
Camera RAW , Crash or freeze , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree there definitely appear to be some issues with Bridge 2020 in Windows 10.

For me if I have This PC highlighted in the Favorites/Folders panel, the Content area has decided to just keep adding multiple thumbnails of my D:\
The thumbnails seem to be showing correctly, as does the preview pain and ability to open files for me though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this doesn't help you, but Bridge 2020 is unresposive and barely operational on the Mac too. I have no idea why they released it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed. It worked well for a few days, but since yesterday it froze after opening with an error message. Only thing to do is a forced exit. Switched back to Bridge 2019 and this works still fineScreen Shot 2019-11-07 at 18.45.53.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 15, 2019 Nov 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Sorry to hear about Bridge crashing, could you please share your complete workflow steps with us, so that we can try reproducing the issue at our end?

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2020 Feb 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bridge has tanked so badly it's not even funny. Will not show previews of everything in folders. I've tried everything posted and nothing helps. I had been using bridge [for years and years] to search through my archive folders for images and photos and now I'll I see is the generic JPG icon. I need to see the previews. When I restart it works for 2 or 3 folders [each have 500+ files] and then it tanks. I've increased memory allocation etc and nothing helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi KatieP,

Have you tried to purge your caches? If you go to the Tools menu then -> Cache -> Manage cache, you get this: Select the Clean Up Cache. 

I hope that helps, let us know.

2020-02-07_10-08-23.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I tried purging the cache and that didn't work either. After I purged, it worked for 2-3 folder views and then it crapped out again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2020 Jan 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was issued because the people running this billion dollar corporation are not running it properly and not investing in the resource that makes them money. They will only wake up when their millions of customers start a class action against them (lawyers wake! big money for you in this)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree. It's awful compared even to last year's Bridge. I use a Mac - can't get my images up full screen to preview in their folder, as you could previously (well, if you can, it's been made so hard it's not worth trying). I'm having to use Bridge on an older computer, view my images on an older version of Bridge then bring them back to the Mac to process in PS. What a faff. Shame on you, Adobe. These programs aren't cheap - give your users what they actually need, not what you think they need, and make them easy to use. And if it ain't broken, don't fix it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Please try updating Bridge to version 10.0.4.157 through the Creative Cloud app and let us know if you're still experiencing this issue.

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have real issues with Adobe Bridge that last six months. Very frustrating and what a workflow disruptor. Silly building previews for each folder, slow folder access, geez why even list, you know the issues. please fix these. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines