Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Double Clicking File in Bridge Fails To Open in Photoshop CC

Participant ,
Apr 18, 2018 Apr 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Everything was working absolutely fine, but for some reason (it could be antivirus software) now double clicking on any file in Bridge gives focus to the Photoshop window, but the file is not opened.

I've checked Bridge > Preferences > File Associations and everything looks correct. Resetting to defaults does not make any difference.

I'm working with Bridge CC 2018 / Photoshop CC 2018 on a retina Mac running High Sierra 10.13.3 using a Wacom pen.

Has anyone got a solution please?

Many thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Apr 18, 2018 Apr 18, 2018

Ok, so it seems that dragging a JPG file into Photoshop from Bridge gave a pop up error message about the file being locked or having incorrect permissions.

I checked by home directory, and everything has the correct permission (my suer has Read and Write).

I then found this:

https://eclecticlight.co/2017/06/15/something-odd-you-cant-fix-sierra-re-introduces-repairing-permissions/

And ran this command from the terminal and then did a restart:

diskutil resetUserPermissions / `id -u`

which ran success

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,
Apr 18, 2018 Apr 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, so it seems that dragging a JPG file into Photoshop from Bridge gave a pop up error message about the file being locked or having incorrect permissions.

I checked by home directory, and everything has the correct permission (my suer has Read and Write).

I then found this:

https://eclecticlight.co/2017/06/15/something-odd-you-cant-fix-sierra-re-introduces-repairing-permis...

And ran this command from the terminal and then did a restart:

diskutil resetUserPermissions / `id -u`

which ran successfully, and after a restart, it all works fine.

Hope others may find this useful!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines