• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dynamiclinkmediaserver is prohibiting me from altering files

Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2018 Apr 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Latest version of Bridge CC 8.0.1.282 x64 on Windows 7 machine won't let me rename, move or delete WAV or MOV files!  If I attempt to delete from Windows explorer I get a message  that  the operation cannot be performed because the file is open in dynamiclinkmediaserver.exe!

If I go to task manager and kill the process (which is taking up a huge amount of resources) I can then work with the file, but Lightroom Classic CC or Bridge CC will not play any video files until both are restarted. 

Any ideas??

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

I found that the process was locking my audio files, so I disabled the automatic playback of previews in the settings

Uncheck:

Edit - Preferences - Playback - Audio - Play audio files automatically when previewed

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 01, 2018 May 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Dynamiclinkmediaserver help in preview and playback of Video files. Seems like the video preview generation for your files is taking too long, and hence the video files can not be altered. Generally, this issue goes away once you restart your machine.

Can you please suggest

1. What is the size of individual video files

2. What is file format.

3. Can you share one sample file with us to investigate.

4. Do you have other Adobe products (Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Premiere Pro, or Adobe After Effects) also installed on this machine. If yes, what is the version of these products.

Thanks,

Deepak Gupta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2018 May 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The video files range, but aren't too high 15-30mb in *.mov formats.  I have separate audio files, around 10mb in *.wav format.  I have the entire CC suite with Acrobat DC, Bridge, Lightroom classic, Photoshop, Premiere Pro, After Effects, Audition, Indesign and Illustrator installed....all up to date latest versions as of last week. 

The problem I have is if I go into Bridge to delete, move or rename a *.wav file it won't let me because (file is running in dynamiclinkmediaserver.exe).

Prior to last week's CC updates I didn't have this issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2019 May 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue with a .mov file that I am trying to delete. I removed it from Lightroom but I still cannot delete it using the file manager. Very annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm my case the problem was Adobe Bridge preview that caused dynamiclinkmediaserver.exe to prevent me to erase or move the file. I've closed bridge and tried again using Windows Explorer and it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 12, 2020 Sep 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dynamiclinkmediaserver service is known to just hang around in memory.

Short cut to taskmanager helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2022 Mar 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you. This solved my problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found that the process was locking my audio files, so I disabled the automatic playback of previews in the settings

Uncheck:

Edit - Preferences - Playback - Audio - Play audio files automatically when previewed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines