• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export Panel missing in Bridge CC

Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2013 Jun 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used to ahve an Export Panel in Bridge CC which I used to export several RAW or PSD photos to JEPG, with the upgrade to CC it's gone. How am I supposed to export several photos to JPEG? One by one in Photoshop? Really?

TOPICS
How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Jun 20, 2013 Jun 20, 2013

The way I create JPGs from Bridge is to use “Image Processor.”  Select all of the images in Bridge that you want to export (convert to JPEGs and output).  Then go to the Tools menu and select Photoshop and Image Processor.  Photoshop will open and present you with a dialog box that allows you to save the images in several different formats (JPEGs, PSD, or TIFF or all three at once), JPEG quality, resized or not resized, color profile changed to sRGB or left the way they were, etc.  Just select t

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 104 Replies 104
Sep 19, 2013 Sep 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can install CS6 if you subscribe to CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2017 Nov 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use CS6, and while the Export tab is still there, the options in it are now greyed out, and unusable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2013 Oct 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

please wrote all in this Ticket at Adobe Feedback maybe it change something.

http://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/please_restore_export_panel_in_bridge_cc

Thx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello.. I just updated to bridge 2018, I want no margins in my pdf, but can only choose a minimum of 1 margin and 1 row.. even if their measurements are 0 cm, I get a very thin white margin on all 4 sides. I cannot choose no background color?? This didn't happen in previous editions, with the same document, filling precisely the space of any papersize? I cannot find the answer in your forum..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 01, 2017 Nov 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Johnny,

If you do not need any margins, please move all 4 sliders to 0 or enter 0 in the text box in margins section. To choose background color, please use the "Document" accordian which is just above the "Grids and Margins" accordian. In case you face any issues, please let us know.

Regards,

Abhishek Seth.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2017 Nov 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear AbhishekSeth12​,

would you please comment on the main topic of this thread!?

Why isn't Adobe considering, bringing the export panel back? It seems obvious to me, that it would bring you additional CC-subscribors, which are currently stuck with CS6 because they do not want to miss this feature.

Thanks in advance

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2013 Dec 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this a joke? How can they take it out? Along with developing settings copy/paste its one of my most frequently used functions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 03, 2014 Jan 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just installed this CC thing and the very FIRST thing I wan to do forces me back to CS6. Really? I am sure glad I got this at academic discount, because it is completely useless without a Flickr export module.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Jan 05, 2014 Jan 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

because it is completely useless without a Flickr export module.

There are some protests at Photoshop Family:

http://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/please_restore_export_panel_in_bridge_cc?utm_content=reply_link&utm_medium=email&utm_source=reply_notification#reply_13558911

Inhere your comments are more likely to reach Adobe instead of this user to user Forum.

Having said that I can imagine your disappointment but I strongly disagree with the qualification as 'useless'

There is a lot you can do with Bridge and if you make a setting for the image processor you will have the option to prepare all files for every form of output, you only need one or two steps more for export to whatever you like.

Also the option for export to social media was very limited due to rights management and only available in 1 or 2 countries.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 06, 2014 Jan 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me qualify the "useless:"  I can do everything I want in Bridge CS6, I cannot do everyting I want in Bridge CC. At that point Bridge CC becomes useless software to me, since I have a perfect alternative, the to me fully functional old version of the software. I am also using Photoshop CS6 again, because I have yet to figure out how to launch Photoshop CC from Bridge CS6. Apparently not much of a loss there either, although I do like the Camera Raw as filter feature, the main reason I moved to CC.

Those "extra steps" to export to Flickr or other sites are batch tagging and assigning to sets and other organizational features. This saved significant time over the rather crude standalone Flickr uploader and simple browser based uploading and tagging, which is plain awful. Bridge CS6 made all that much more efficient. A real time saver, not available in CC.

Availability of features in other countries doesn't matter in this context. I am not in another country. I paid for a license to get this new and advanced version of the Creative Suite and the first thing I try to do is not possible any longer. That's what matters here. I know I can still get my photos where I want them, but it won't be in Bridge CC. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I totally agree. with pburke2

Also, the suggestion to use the "image processor" is equally useless. Image Processor adds several more steps to the processing and is nowhere nearly as useful as the CS6 esport options. Adobe should have gotten rid of that module instead.

Also, I disagree with Omke Oudeman when he stated that there are "some" protests. I personally have received hundreds of emails from photographers who complain about missing these options.

I ended up using a 3rd party photo processing software to export a large numebr of NEF images to JPEG.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, I disagree with Omke Oudeman when he stated that there are "some" protests. I personally have received hundreds of emails from photographers who complain about missing these options.

Unless you are some one high in the ranks of Adobe this makes absolutely no sense. This is a user to user forum and only a few optimistic and very nice Adobe engineers do visit this forum, often in their spare time and only to resolve problems.

Hence I pointed to the link on Photoshop.com which is to be known being read by Adobe staff.

Also my name is on that thread as one of the posters, I did not see your name nor did I saw hundreds of comments.

I just visited it again and a quick count resulted in only 15 posters, hence my qualification of some people.

If you really want things to happen then email all your complainers with the link to this page and start yourself with a complaint on that site also.

That will be more helpful then disagreeing with me on this forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got these replies on Facebook!!!

Why can't you understand the disappointment that many other users express here, on Facebook and on the Adobe link you provided. There are several links that were started complaining about the same or similar issues: exporting to Facebook, Flickr, JPEG etc.

The Image Processor is not going to work for a serious photographer who needs to mass export images AND frequently needs to change resolution, export location etc. With the Export panel I was able to create multiple templates that accomplished all that.

Therefore the current version is USELESS for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why can't you understand the disappointment that many other users express here, on Facebook and on the Adobe link you provided. There are several links that were started complaining about the same or similar issues: exporting to Facebook, Flickr, JPEG etc.

Why can't you understand that I'm not against you and that you need to organize your comments to the link I provided?

The Image Processor is not going to work for a serious photographer who needs to mass export images AND frequently needs to change resolution, export location etc. With the Export panel I was able to create multiple templates that accomplished all that.

Personally I qualify myself as a serious photographer and therefore have created tons of actions in PS that I can reach via Bridge Tools / PS / Batch

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the uninitiated the Image Processor would seem to do what these users want.  Convert a raw to jpg and put in different folder.  For the more exacting users Dr. Browns Image Processor has a few more options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 11, 2014 Jul 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The export panel is available now on the left hand side panels beside Filter and Collections. BUT it's not there on CC, so stick with CS if you need it and love it like I do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2014 Jul 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greg, This is exactly what we do not want to do; to be stuck using outdated software, simply because Adobe decided we don't need certain features in the new versions.  I'm glad that you are still finding CS can meet your current needs, but I wonder if one day you will be surprised when you upgrade your camera, and find your old version of ACR doesn't support the latest RAW files.  Maybe that's okay, if you don't mind converting everything to DNG...
Why doesn’t my version of Photoshop or Lightroom support my camera?

For me, I am still pushing for the restoration of the Export and Output Panels in the latest version of Adobe Bridge (just as it was; as an optional panel I can turn on/off as needed).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2014 Jul 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are right, Josh. I totally agree. I'm STUNNED Adobe took this feature out since I use it daily. I'm a magazine publisher (a bona fide, real magazine publisher who operated a team of 15 people and CS / CC is our tool of choice) and I have been cheering on the adoption of Bridge as a very useful asset organization tool that will save us time and effort. The elimination of this simple feature has caused us to pause and look at what we need to do since toggling to Lightroom simply is not an option. I can't tell you how many times I whipped off JPGs to my client asking for selects, or output images for use on social media in a few clicks. I'm not sure of the business motivation, although I'd bet that's the reason behind the loss of the feature. I will give feedback to Adobe directly and push to have the feature restored.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can do everything I want in Bridge CS6, I cannot do everyting I want in Bridge CC. At that point Bridge CC becomes useless software to me,

I'm not out for a fight but there is a significant difference between 'useless' and 'useless to me'. I read from your first post you qualified Bridge as useless in common due to the lack of 1 item missing, hence my explanation of me thinking otherwise

since I have a perfect alternative, the to me fully functional old version of the software. I am also using Photoshop CS6 again, because I have yet to figure out how to launch Photoshop CC from Bridge CS6.

You can launch files from Bridge in PS CC using the file type associations (on a Mac by default Bridge always selects the most recent PS version automatically) but sadly enough start up scripts is something complete other stuff. You might try the scripting forum for that, maybe they can offer a solution but it won't be a simple one I'm afraid.

Apparently not much of a loss there either, although I do like the Camera Raw as filter feature, the main reason I moved to CC.

That is a perfectly legit reason to upgrade

Those "extra steps" to export to Flickr or other sites are batch tagging and assigning to sets and other organizational features. This saved significant time over the rather crude standalone Flickr uploader and simple browser based uploading and tagging, which is plain awful.

Can't judge that because don't use Flickr but yes, it is a PITA to loose functionality you are used to.

Availability of features in other countries doesn't matter in this context. I am not in another country.

Well, I live in one of all the other countries that could not use it, Adobe is an international company and whether or not rights management was the reason (as they always told) it is bloody shameful they deliver a functionality that only works in 2 countries and not in the other 120 + ….

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 30, 2014 Jul 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm Cameraman and Editor, as well as a DIT and I use a range of software for different purposes and Bridge's export feature was the fastest way to turn around Canon RAW from timelapse material in to easily usable Tiffs or Jpegs.  I've only just installed the update to bridge on my tower (had an early CC release) and I'm horrified at the missing export panel.

I've tried the other two options, Lightroom and Image processor and they're both at best, only half as fast as the old approach. 

I really hope that Adobe do reinstate it as I'll no longer be using Bridge, in fact, I might skip premiere and CC as part of my time-lapse workflow altogether if this remains the case.

Richard Muller

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 01, 2014 Aug 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is very, very disappointing. Does anybody know if the added Output module adds all the old functionality of the old CS6 export? I feel that if I install Bridge CC I will mess up my computer and give myself a cerebral hemorrhage.

Install Adobe Output Module

I have a lot of Export pre-sets in CS6 that I use for web design (jpeg with a set dimension). Will Bridge CC use the old Export module settings or do I need to create all my presets again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 15, 2014 Aug 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*BUMP*

My work flow is still crippled by the removal of the Export feature since the introduction of Bridge CC.

This seriously needs to be brought back into Bridge CC 2014!!

I still remember all my photographer colleagues annoyance when Adobe removed contact sheets (only to release it as a plugin from all the hate they received).

Removing functionality & features is not progress Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2014 Sep 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*Bump*

I find this very funny that no one at Adobe seems to know where the Export functionality ran off too?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 17, 2014 Oct 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe devs, this is garbage.  You gotta get the export feature back in there!  Bridge is pointless without it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 21, 2014 Oct 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ya done goofed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines