• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

freezing Bridge.

New Here ,
Oct 22, 2017 Oct 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since i did the update, Bridge is not running! It opens and at the step of "building criteria" is freezing. I did a restart to my laptop, but its the same thing.... I need help i can't do the things i want,and my job has stopped! Before this thing, everything was ok.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. I'll open up a folder and it locks up Bridge. I'm forced to Force Quit. I cannot scroll or anything.

Mac OS 10.13. Late 2015 iMac, 64 GB RAM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Richard & Vasileios,

Please start Adobe Bridge and immediately press Command+Option+Shift until the Reset Settings dialog box appears. Select all three options--Reset Preferences, Reset Standard Workspaces, and Purge Entire Thumbnail Cache--and then click OK.

Also in Bridge Preferences check the option "Prefer thumbnail generation over preview generation".

Regards,

Gautam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry, but that doesn't help. When I'm in a folder that has subfolders and I tell Bridge to show images in subfolders, it locks up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gautam Thank you very much!!!! I didn't how to solve this problem. I appreciate your help!

RegardsVasileios Kaloutsikidis

Στις 10:13 π.μ. Δευτέρα, 23 Οκτωβρίου 2017, ο/η lotusgemology <forums_noreply@adobe.com> έγραψε:

freezing Bridge.

created by lotusgemology in Bridge General Discussion - View the full discussionI'm sorry, but that doesn't help. When I'm in a folder that has subfolders and I tell Bridge to show images in subfolders, it locks up. If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/9908863#9908863 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/9908863#9908863 To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following" Start a new discussion in Bridge General Discussion by email or at Adobe Community For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624. This email was sent by Adobe Community because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from Adobe Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still had the same freeze after following the steps. I did find that some subfolders had ".m4v" files in them. Once I removed the movies, the folders would open and Bridge would no longer freeze. That seems to be the issue fix for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having continual freezing issues since I updated bridge to 2018, anyone know what the fix is???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No fix but I have the same problem with Bridge CC 2018. Bridge CC 2017 still works fine. If you deleted it when updating you can reinstall by selecting it from "other versions" in the install drop down menu. Then delete 2018. Stick with 2017 until Adobe figures out the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks!!  any idea how to know when this is fixed??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All ,

Please let us know the size of the folder you are trying to explore in bridge.If the file size is large ensure to use Prefer Embedded Option in preview panel. Still you are facing the issue please list down the steps .

Also meanwhile you can try the steps mentioned in this help page

https://helpx.adobe.com/bridge/kb/troubleshoot-errors-freezes-bridge.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had the same freeze when viewing in Folder mode. Shift+Control+Option on launch seemed to fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry- I take that back. It worked for a while and froze again while idle.

This version appears to be messed up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to install the AOM to regain the option of saving to an HTML gallery?

(Why do we keep needing to do this on every Bridge version? Grumble, grumble...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue with Bridge as soon as I try to access a drive on my network. Did the fixes I see here on this thread.  Bridge is fine on my internal drive but hangs as soon as I click on a networked drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem Sucks

On Tue, Oct 24, 2017 at 5:40 PM, memmoments <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup, the fix did nothing for me. I updated Illustrator yesterday to find it cocked up png exports. After re-installing the previous version I found a decent fix on the adobe forum so 2018 illustrator appears to be OK now.

But after bridge screwing up I'm in no rush to upgrade photoshop or indesign.

Come on Adobe, I'm robbed of £400+ a year for you to fart about with half tested upgrades? I'll waste a bit more time reverting to 2017 version then wonder what you've added to 2018 to make the risk worth bothering with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vasileios_klotusgemologyMark Rutherfordlisaa67201928​   memmoments​   davidrutherfurd​  dant8178360, jkjond

To help you resolve this issue, could you please check following

1. Could you run Bridge CC 2018 and start with a folder with less number of files. While you navigate to a folder having large number of files, leave Bridge for a while and then start using. How is the experience If you leave the Bridge running in background for 10-15 minutes ?

2. Is “Generate Monitor-Size previews” option is turned ON (from Advanced tab of Preferences dialog)? Is yes, please turn it OFF and check the performance.

3. Do you see a “Build Criteria” message in Bridge window? If you let the Bridge run for some time, does the message go away and you see some images in Content Panel?

Please let us know after following these steps, if you are still facing the bridge freeze more frequently.

Thanks,

Avinash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I started Bridge in a smaller folder and checked the preferences.

"Prefer thumbnail generation over preview generation" is ON.

“Generate Monitor-Size previews” is NOT checked.

No “building criteria” or other messages.

I then switched to the larger folder. Bridge froze and I let it sit. After 10 minutes or so, it displayed the contents and I was able to navigate to other folders.

At the moment is seems to be working. I continue to monitor performance and post any changes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Prefer thumbnail gen= On

Generate Monitor-Size Previews= Off

No "Build Crit" dialog

At first install Bridge would freeze immediately on selecting Folder.

After restart/reset (Shift+Control+Option) navigated to a folder with about 1000 25mb still images. Worked nominally for about 5 min. Left it running in the background and when I reopened it about 15min later it was frozen. Requires Force Quit to relaunch.

Noticed that Bridge reopens with Computer as default when Folder was last prior setting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 27, 2017 Oct 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have the same problem...and it really sucks! MacOS 10.12.6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 04, 2017 Nov 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Thomas,

Please select your MacHD drive in Adobe Bridge and then click on view menu and choose "Show Items and subfolders".

Let Bridge run in the background for a good 5-6 hours, then try to check if Bridge still freezes.

Regards,

Gautam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

Tried that, but after half an hour Bridge crashed during the operation? Still the same problem with freezing  😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upgraded to 10.13.1. Bridge 2018 seems to be working fine now.

Interestingly Bridge 2017 now won’t show files in Essentials mode. But that’s another conversation.

Mark Rutherford

510-444-0555

www.mrutherford.com

www.dopeimages.work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2017 Nov 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the instructions BUT,

I have been following the forums and this is not working .

I simply went back to an older version of Bridge that works perfectly.

I have been using PS and Bridge for years and years.

I will wait until the brains at Adobe fix it and I will download it then.

Isn't this kinda embarrassing on your part to have us users go through all this aggravating nonsense ??

I expect more from Adobe than "try this and try that and wait and wait......."

Just fix it and issue a new version .

OnOne and Topaz are so close to catching up that Adobe better try a little harder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines