Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

History Missing

Community Beginner ,
Aug 29, 2018 Aug 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings.

I have a Mac High Sierra and am working in Bridge in Filmstrip mode. Five days ago History went missing from my Bridge CC  Window and the History tab is missing from the right panel.  As a matter of fact there is no right panel at all. Online standard response to this is to click on Window and select History from the menu or, failing that, click on the History tab.  Neither works for me. "History" remains conspicuously and frustratingly absent from both. In addition and in the process of trying to understand what the problem is and how to solve I've managed to loose my settings and workspace several times. This is driving me crazy. I'm lost and would be most grateful for any suggestions.

Thanks ahead of time.

Jpkln

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Sep 03, 2018 Sep 03, 2018

Hi Cari.

I reread your observation that I might be confusing my issue with what the History Panel does in Photoshop.

You’re right. I began to notice how Photoshop hovers in the background behind Filmstrip (like a layer) and it dawned on me I needed to rethink the whole situation. Your comment turned my understanding completely around, freeing me up to finally resolve my issue. Thank you Cari.

All the best.

Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,
Aug 31, 2018 Aug 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

History tab in Adobe Bridge? Are you referring to 'Edit History' in the Metadata panel?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 01, 2018 Sep 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Cari. Thanks for getting back so soon. Sorry for the delay.

Yes. I believe it may be the Metadata Panel and it has to do with do/redo and edit. Elsewhere online it’s referred to as “History tab” or “HistoryPanel” and should be present in the window menu. It’s also, I noticed, indirectly associated with "Reset Essentials". I’ve taken my Mac High Sierra to three different computer service stores and they all agree that the History panel does not exist on my Bridge CC. Interestingly this History tab does appear in the Photoshop CC workspace. Hope you can help. I’m wondering if I should uninstall and reinstall Photoshop —which I would dread as I’ve heard so many horror stories.

Sorry. I wish I were a lot more helpful and computer savvy.

Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Sep 02, 2018 Sep 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

Correct: the History panel does NOT exist in Adobe Bridge. It DOES however, exist in Adobe Photoshop. Which makes me think you might be confusing the feature with what the History panel does in Photoshop.

To show the History panel:

• Choose Window > History.

history-photoshop.png

The History panel, most likely will appear docked to the right of your computer screen:

history-photoshop2.png

To learn more about using the History panel see:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 02, 2018 Sep 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Cari..

To review my initial forum entry History is missing from the window menu in Bridge CC. Online advice from various forums suggest that if this is so, I should click on the History tab. This doesn’t work as there is no History tab.

As a matter of fact the entire right hand multipurpose pane/panel is missing.

On my Bridge workspace I normally have three basic panels: I set the left hand panel to Folders (folders tab) and use the central panel is my main editing panel (which includes the Filmstrip at the bottom). The right hand panel is for Swatches, Colors, Layers, Preview, etc. I don’t have this. On the left side of this pane/panel is the History tab (a thin, vertical strip). There is nothing to open as there is no tab at all.

Totally lacking a right hand pane with History tab appears to be the problem. This pane is included with the Photoshop workspace, however, but I work with Bridge, not Photoshop.

Thanks for your patience. Hope you can help.

Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 03, 2018 Sep 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Cari.

I reread your observation that I might be confusing my issue with what the History Panel does in Photoshop.

You’re right. I began to notice how Photoshop hovers in the background behind Filmstrip (like a layer) and it dawned on me I needed to rethink the whole situation. Your comment turned my understanding completely around, freeing me up to finally resolve my issue. Thank you Cari.

All the best.

Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines