• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I give Bridge permission to access my files?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 02, 2020 Aug 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I installed the latest version of Bridge, I mistakenly denied access to media on my computer. Now Bridge is essentially useless, as it cannot see any files at all. How can I correct this and edit the permissions? I tried uninstalling Bridge, and when prompted, chose to discard preferences. On reinstalling, I still cannot see files in the viewer window, so it would seem that the permissions choices carried over. 

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

Hi Elfedia,

Sorry I didn't see this earlier.

Go to your System Preferences and select Security and Privacy (found in the top section). Now click on the Privacy setting (last tab). Now click on the lock on the bottom left and provide your Administrator code. Now select the Full Disk Access option and click on the "+" symbol. This will bring up the standard Mac Open window and let you add any application you want or need to have full access. Look for Bridge, select it, it will now appear in th

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Google this, its been a common problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but I'm not finding anything helpful. BTW, I should have said, I'm on Mac OS 10.15.5 Catalina.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Elfedia,

Sorry I didn't see this earlier.

Go to your System Preferences and select Security and Privacy (found in the top section). Now click on the Privacy setting (last tab). Now click on the lock on the bottom left and provide your Administrator code. Now select the Full Disk Access option and click on the "+" symbol. This will bring up the standard Mac Open window and let you add any application you want or need to have full access. Look for Bridge, select it, it will now appear in that window and make sure it's checked. Next go to the Files and Folders option and do the same thing as above (although there's nothing to check, just add. Close everything down and see if that makes it all work.

Please let me know

permissions-1.png

 

permissions-2.png

 

Please let us know if this works for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2021 Mar 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great so far but when I got to Files and Folders Adobe Bridge 2020 app was highlighted but not 2021 app.

Please help!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 05, 2021 Mar 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In which: "Full Disk Acess" and/or "File and Folders"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I got new mac and installed Lightroom, Photoshop and Bridge. It asked for each application if access to my one drive is allowed. I granted access to photoshop and lightroom, but for Bridge the window dissapeared before I accepted it. Now I cannot access my onedrive files from Bridge. I have tried to grant Bridge the access for full disk and files and folders, but still I cannot even see the onedrive folder in Bridge. I have uninstalled and installed again Bridge, but did not help neighter the window did not pop up again.... What I should do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bridge has never worked well for cloud drives. However, I recently saw this: see if it can help.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/bridge-discussions/bridge-won-t-recognize-my-files-in-desktop-or-docu...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2022 Feb 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the help. I managed to solve the issue. The onedrive is installed under library, which was invisible. So when the libraryfolder was visible, it started working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@PetjaHa But how did you make the Library folder visible? 

I'm stuggling... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apple is changing how cloud storage works, they have deprecated the old app extensions and have introduced a new programming API. Adobe COULD use this but since they ignore a lot of platform functionality, who knows if they will.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2022 Oct 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

hello I am having same problem so I followed you about instructions but when I got to files and folders nothing was highlighted and could not add

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much! That solved the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2022 May 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you solve this problem? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is great. May I ask, how do i REMOVE access ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing but uncheck things

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much @gary_sc . This solved my problem instantly 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines