• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do you recover deleted files in Adobe bridge cc 2019

New Here ,
Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have deleted some files in bridge 2019 cc and I would like to recover them , How do I do this.

Thanks Sonia

TOPICS
How to , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

If you've deleted them from Bridge, you will find them in your system's trash can. If you've emptied your system trash can than you will need to use an undelete utility to recover them. 

IF you are on a Mac and IF are using Time Machine, and IF the images were on your system for a sufficient amount of time, than recovery, even if the images were deleted from your trash can, is very easy.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

Oh wait I figured it out! I just had to go to my computer's recycling bin and see the images I accidentally delted from today, then I had to click on the file and press "restore". Hope that helps others. I used a  lenovo laptop so these steps may vary depending on the type and brand of computer you use!

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You would need an undelete utility for your operating system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you've deleted them from Bridge, you will find them in your system's trash can. If you've emptied your system trash can than you will need to use an undelete utility to recover them. 

IF you are on a Mac and IF are using Time Machine, and IF the images were on your system for a sufficient amount of time, than recovery, even if the images were deleted from your trash can, is very easy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Gary

how and where do I find the "System's trash can"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

On a Mac, it usually is the rightmost icon in the dock. On a PC, it usually has a shortcut on the desktop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2023 Mar 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why Bridge on Mac does not move deleted files to Trash? They simple disappear and can't be restored.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 08, 2023 Mar 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are these files on a local drive or server?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are on a server...is that a problem? Sorry 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes that's how it works on a server. Files are usually deleted immediately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lumigraphics, for some time now, Bridge has not worked "with" the OS when trashing documents. What is done now (at least on a Mac) is to transfer the documents to the user's computer and then to the trash. (This can increase the time to delete things, especially if there are hundreds of files).

Do you know if this dynamic exists for Servers as well? 

I do not have access to a server so I cannot test this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not seeing that with either Mac or Windows servers. I do get a warning when deleting from a server:

Screen Shot 2023-03-08 at 2.17.31 PM.png

And the Finder gives a warning as well:

Screen Shot 2023-03-08 at 2.20.07 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh wait I figured it out! I just had to go to my computer's recycling bin and see the images I accidentally delted from today, then I had to click on the file and press "restore". Hope that helps others. I used a  lenovo laptop so these steps may vary depending on the type and brand of computer you use!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ha! that's the obvious one. I was assuming that you'd already looked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines