• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to insert custom watermark in Bridge CC

Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2014 Jan 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Ps CC and Bridge CC. I have created a custom visual watermark in Ps that has a transparent backgound. If I have the photo open in Ps, I can drag and drop the  watermark onto the photo and it looks fine.

But when I try to use the Output menu in Bridge (I added the Output module yesterday), I can specify the correct psd file with the watermark under the "Add image" instead of "Add text" area in the Watermark sub tab under Outpuf, but the background of the watermark comes out white, so that the watermark is inside the white box. I want to batch process the addition Bridge.

How cam I fix this?

Thanks.

Chris

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

People's Champ , Jan 25, 2014 Jan 25, 2014

Don't use a watermark myself and haven't tried it often but yes, you need to create templates for all. Personally i have several custom templates with different background, amount of images on one page, size and orientation. Also the font size is set to match the amount of files.

It is a bit of work but only one time, afterwards you gain much time and speed from this effort because you only need to select the wanted template to have the lay out as it should be

A Web gallery offers no options for

Votes

Translate

Translate
People's Champ ,
Jan 24, 2014 Jan 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but the background of the watermark comes out white, so that the watermark is inside the white box.

You should save the image as a PNG file. Assuming you have a layer with your wanted image on a transparent background be sure the color mode is RGB and save it as a PNG file, then choose this as the image to insert, that should provide you with the transparency showing. Be sure to create custom templates with this watermark included and let the file stay on the same location so you don's need to choose it every time again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2014 Jan 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Omke,

That worked! When you say I should create a custom template, you mean for each different pdf layout, e.g. 2 x 2, then 4 x 5. If not, how do I get the watermark to automatically rescale itself to a different layout. Also, I don't see an obvious way to add the watermark to the web gallery output option.

Also, when I now open the files in Ps, I don't see the watermark at all. I'm probably doing something wrong. Hope you can help me again!

Chris (aka irislake)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Jan 25, 2014 Jan 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't use a watermark myself and haven't tried it often but yes, you need to create templates for all. Personally i have several custom templates with different background, amount of images on one page, size and orientation. Also the font size is set to match the amount of files.

It is a bit of work but only one time, afterwards you gain much time and speed from this effort because you only need to select the wanted template to have the lay out as it should be

A Web gallery offers no options for a watermark I'm afraid so if you need them you should create an action in PS to make a copy of the image (or save as, be sure to not loose your original) in the right size and add a Watermark. Then put Web Gallery to work.

The resizing is needed for each new template and you have to work from top to bottom because if you have a watermark and then change size or amount you have to start over again (there is a lot room for improvement in Bridge…).

Make your templates with a few files selected (e.g. max amount on one page) for speed. Each time you make changes to the watermark you can use the open to refresh preview to check whether you like it or not.

And remember, if you use the output module in Bridge it creates a PDF file merely used for Contact Sheet function that needs something like Acrobat or other viewers to view the content.

If you open a PDF in PS it might separate the files or pages first, hence you probably miss the watermark.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2014 Jan 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much. I really appreciate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines