Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to stop Windows Photos from opening in Bridge

Explorer ,
Oct 31, 2019 Oct 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I recently updated Bridge on my Windows PC, and now when I double click an image instead of it automatically opening in  Camera Raw, Windows Photos App opens?  How do I stop that?

Thanks,

Ruth

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nygal,

As a Mac user I can't fully be sure of which application should open on a PC but here's several pieces of information that should help:

1) If the image is a raw image it will open in ACR. If it's not a raw image (and it's either a jpg or tif image), than you can right-click on the images and select "Open in Camera Raw."

2) Assuming that you have PS on your computer, and you want your non-raw images to open in PS, than go to your Bridge Preferences and go to the File Type Associations and then go to the file type (e.g. jpg) and then select which application you want to open those kinds of files.

2019-10-31_11-36-11.png

Let us know if this is what you need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gary,

Thank you for taking the time to reply.  I later discovered I was having a few other issues and I think it was because I deleted a previous version of PS, so I ended up installing both PS and Bridge again.  Now everything seems to be back to normal.

Thanks,

Ruth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Ruth,

Well that makes the most amount of sense!

Glad things are back to normal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines