• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

If I refine/change the organization of my metadata I am unable to delete previous metadata

Explorer ,
Jan 13, 2020 Jan 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to add meaningful metadata to my pictures and there are a few instances where I added more levels of organization to the metadata but Bridge will not allow me to delete the first metadata.  For example, I originally was naming all the pictures of swimmers I was taking.  Over time I then realized I wanted Swimmers to be a Keyword and each swimmer to by a Sub Keyword; but I have thousands of pictures where each swimmer still shows up as a Keyword.  Is there a way I can write a script or use another program that would allow me to select all the files in all the directories I have which could allow me to move all the swimmers to fall under the new Swimmer keyord?

TOPICS
Batch , How to , Keywords , Metadata , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 13, 2020 Jan 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes you could write a script, there is not a way built-in to do that knid of update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 20, 2020 Jan 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe that I have a ready-made solution and easy fix, however I'd like to better understand the existing metadata and your Bridge setup first.

Q1: What are your Bridge > Preferences > Metadata settings for writing metadata? Do you have "automatically apply parent keywords" selected, or do you have "write hierarchical keywords" selected?

Q2: Can you post a screenshot of your Bridge Keywords Panel, expanded to show all keywords associated with a selected image that has this metadata embedded? Also, is there anything under "Other Keywords".

Q3A: Can you select the image and go to File > File Info > Raw Data and copy and paste the metadata into a forum post? I only wish to see keyword related metadata entries, such as:

<lr:hierarchicalSubject>
            <rdf:Bag>
               <rdf:li>Australian Swimmers</rdf:li>
            </rdf:Bag>
         </lr:hierarchicalSubject>
         <dc:subject>
            <rdf:Bag>
               <rdf:li>Australian Swimmers</rdf:li>
            </rdf:Bag>
         </dc:subject>

Q3B: If you can share a few images, even cropped content or resized small, that would help, it is all about the metadata (the image could be 1x1 px).

Q4: Do you use Lightroom?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 20, 2020 Jan 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Lumigraphics do you have a script/fix for Bridge incorrectly writing the Lightroom Hierarchical Subject tag incorrectly as a flat tag? Sorry I can't recall, but I know you are aware of this bug.

EDIT: It appears that your Utility Script Pack 2.0 Keyword Optimizer should address this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 21, 2020 Jan 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, I filed a bug about that and it was marked as designed. :sigh: Your preference settings will dictate how keywords are written, its kind of a PITA.

Nested, hierarchal keywording | Adobe Bridge

My Keyword Optimizer script is designed to fix the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines