• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is Bridge best product for managing order of photos for stories etc?

Participant ,
Jan 19, 2020 Jan 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm finding myself needing to edit sequences of photos more and more. From a selection of, lets say 40 photographs, I'm pulling 10 images and then putting them into a particular order (think Instagram etc). Is Bridge the best way to do this, or has Adobe got better tools for doing this?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the most part, sure. You could use Lightroom (or Lightroom Classic) as well. 

I suppose you could use ANYTHING that lets you see all of the images in a group and let you move them around in a desired order.

The one area I have problems with either Bridge or either Lightroom is that you cannot formally "save" the order. All of them will hold your custom order until you do something else (like change the order from custom to (say) by date.Then you cannot go back to your custom order because it doesn't exist anymore.

There is a way around this by renaming the photos in your custom order and providing a number to each (to lock that order in).

The biggest problem when doing any custom order is if you have hundreds of images. By keeping your images down to 10 it's a piece of cake.

Hope that helps. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly. I'm more looking for a photo editor or curator solution than a photographer solution. I feel modern photo storytelling is leading me to combine and sequence more and more images. Adobe are bringing out so many new products for social, work groups etc, I'm sure there's better products out there than Bridge or Lightroom, which really aren't made for this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your end goal. What do you plan on doing with the images? Photo-montage? Movie (with Ken Burns effect)? Web gallery? Book?

I have to admit I'm not sure I understand what the difference would be between a photo editor/curator solution or a photgrapher solution. Can you describe how you'd use the product?

The reason I'm asking all of these questions is that it's possible you might find Bridge exactly what you want/need but are unaware of some of Bridge's features.

Thanks for your patience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 20, 2020 Jan 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I'm mostly looking for is the ability to sequence and resequence images. Uses, many and varied. Everything from stories and posts on Instram to mini books, newsletters, gallery shows. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the below Substance 3D stream at around 8:50 the presenter uses an app called Moodboard to organize his photos (not sure if that is the name of the app, or the name for a category of visual story organizers):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ix4JOAgo0sc&mc_cid=13022e6a91&mc_eid=e8af89c8b4

I haven’t used it, but it seems there are several of these types of photo story editors, even Adobe Spark has one:

https://spark.adobe.com/make/mood-board-maker/

Again, I have not myself tried any such apps, just wondering if these could be useful for your purposes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A-ha! I wondered if Spark might have something. I'm paying enough for my Adobe subscription, so I'd both prefer to stay in the Adobe eco-system and work with a product that, hopefully, is tailored more to image professionals than an app that might be designed as much for consumers as us.

I should say I normally use InDesign to design my portfolio, but it's slow unless you're an advanced user, which I'm not. I am looking and hoping for something a lot more intuitive and speedy, ideally using the touch features of iPhones and iPads to move images into order, or something similarly easy on the desktop, then being able to save those sequences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines