• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

More column headers in the future?

Enthusiast ,
Apr 28, 2020 Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As someone who primarily works in either Premiere, After Effects, or Lightroom Classic. I have so far never felt the need to download Bridge. However I gave Bridge a download to try and see if I could organize my library assets: stuff that I catalogue to use again in the future such as finished logos or animations from Illustrator or After Effects, stock footage, music, SFX, overlays, etc.

The only issue I've found, is everything is really geared towards photos and documents, which I don't really need when using Lightroom Classic as my primary photo catalogue.

Has there been any conversation surrounding being able to add any field into column headers, other than just the 10 or so that's available? For example, I'd love to have a Music workspace with genre, artist, and source. A SFX workspace with duration, source, and rights usage. Any utility that could help improve the cataloging of other media assets. I think the same could apply to what is visible in "Filter". While there are more choices than columns, still, not all metadata is reflected

Also speaking of column headers: whenever I reset/reload a workspace, it tacks on any default columns I previously removed to the end of my columns list. Not sure if that is a known bug or not.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Feature request , Metadata

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make a feature request but I don't see it happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will, thanks Lumigraphics,

Out of curiosity, why do you think that is the case? I get that in general not all feature requests make it in, but that aside: is this just something that likely not enough people will/have asked for? Or is it more along the lines of Adobe depreciating support for Bridge or not really looking to invest in non-photo related functionality?

I simply ask to see if I should continue to invest any time continuing in Bridge (although thankfully, most edits I make go straight to the file, so it's not a completely lost cause)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Look at the history of added features. There really haven't been that many.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines