• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Number of Files Selected Gone

Explorer ,
Feb 25, 2019 Feb 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This may seem silly, but the most recent update seems to have gotten rid of a very simple thing. When selecting multiple files in Bridge, it no longer tells you in the lower left, below the thumbnail pane, how many files you have selected. It still says how many files are in the folder, but used to say, for example, "16 selected of 60 items" or something like that.

Any ideas on how to see this again?

My second thought was starting to drag them, as in Finder on the Mac, but no number when you do that either.

Thanks!

Brooks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 25, 2019 Feb 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahh!!! I see it shows over in the Preview pane now. Maybe it was there before, also, but I always just looked below the thumbnails.

Welp, now that I've gone back and selected a different set of images, it doesn't show in the Preview pane either.

*Update 2, which brings me to another annoyance with Bridge...

It only shows the number if it's higher than the 9 image limit in Preview. Why is there a 9 image limit in the preview pane? We walked on the moon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 26, 2019 Feb 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Users,

At the bottom of the content panel, you can see x files, y selected.

Please let me know if you still face any issues.

Regards,

Abhishek Seth.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 26, 2019 Feb 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah... I see the problem is NOT that it's not there anymore, but that they added the size slider, so it only shows up if you have the panel sized way wider than the way I've always used it. I hate stupid UI changes like this. Almost as dumb as the 9 image limit.doh.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am soooo glad that I found this article, yes the slider was my issue too and I had a Dec 2020 update. I'm a real estate photographer and have to have specific images to submit and I always looked down in Bridge to see that number of images. I moved the conent window over more and saw my number of images. THANK YOU @brooksayola for this! Love ALWAYS... SJ Photography 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2022 Jan 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brooks, I am glad you post this question.  I had the same question.   I agree with you about unnecessary change in UI unless it is absolutely needed.  This change is annoying.  Now I had to move the width of content window every time I wanted to see the selected count info.  Is there a better way? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 28, 2019 Mar 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry but unless I'm blur there is no "x files, y selected" in the Filmstrip view; there is in Essential view.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 28, 2019 Mar 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Annotation 2019-03-28 125526.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can only see x files, y selected if the content panel covers nearly half my monitor. I prefer the preview panel shows the number of selected images because I use that to select files and preview them at the largest possible size for global editing. It has always been this way before. I have found that if you go to the task manager and bring another app to the front then bring bridge back to the front it will show the selected number in the preview panel exactly like it used to.

What's up with that??

Please fix this...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Abhishek !

I'm order and a little slower.  I view my images with the content panel. 

Still don't see any where the number of image that are selected.

The older verions would show you .... and ..... it would show you have many images are in the folder.

These numbers used to be in the lower left hand corner.

Why did you change it ?

Please tell me step-by-step instructions on how to get it to display show how many images are in the folder and how many are selected ?

Thank you !

Frank

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Frank,

Grab the left side of the content panel and drag it further to the left. Look down. Walah! There it is, well hidden!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 15, 2020 Jan 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines