Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

One folder of images no longer have their Keywords Checked in Bridge

Enthusiast ,
Jan 23, 2019 Jan 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

We separated a bunch of images by decade and applied multiple keywords to every image.

The keyword file was exported as a text file just in case, and all has been going well.

Today, one random folder no longer has any of the keywords checked anymore? They are in the keywords area, and I have tried to re-import the text file, but still nothing.

Does anyone know how this could possibly happen? And, is there anyway to have them show up again?

thanks!

Babs 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 23, 2019 Jan 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look in the metadata panel, are the keywords still there and just unchecked? Or not there at all?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 24, 2019 Jan 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Thank you for your response.

The metadata is all there. It’s the same keywords for all the other decades. (folders contain images based on decades).

Its just nothing is checked anymore in that one folder?

thank you,

Babs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reported this bug to Adobe a couple of weeks ago, I have a similar problem with keywords being present but not checked. Hopefully they are able to figure it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to hear you also experienced this issue.

It was hundreds of images, so a daunting task to redo all of it.

Thank you for reporting this issue.

I hope they figure it out soon.

appreciate your time.

Babs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the keywords are there, you don't need to redo anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello....

I actually do because since the images no longer have the correct metadata checked off in the keywords, they don't show up in the search.

So an image in a folder, may have had a location, date, color, project association etc attached to that image, and although the keywords are there,  they no longer are checked for the images in that one folder. If I go into another folder that info is still checked off for all the images.

So, I need to now go back to every image and check off the appropriate boxes again in order for the search to work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I need to now go back to every image and check off the appropriate boxes again in order for the search to work. 

I too am unsure if this is really the case, I personally would attempt to diagnose the exact issue first. The keyword may be in the file, however Bridge is not displaying it.

Are you using the Keyword panel to filter the view based on Keyword? Are you using the Search box on the upper right of the Bridge interface? Are you using the Edit > Find command?

Perhaps this one directory just needs a cache purge.

Perhaps Bridge needs to have it’s preferences reset.

What happens if you use the File > File Info command on a selected image in Bridge, then use the raw data tab to look for the keyword in the listed XMP metadata. Is the keyword there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stephen,

Q. Are you using the Keyword panel to filter the view based on Keyword? Are you using the Search box on the upper right of the Bridge interface? Are you using the Edit > Find command?

A. No filter and yes, doing CMD-F for the search

Q. Perhaps this one directory just needs a cache purge.

A. won't this remove more information from the files?

Q. Perhaps Bridge needs to have it’s preferences reset.

A. I will try this

Q. What happens if you use the File > File Info command on a selected image in Bridge, then use the raw data tab to look for the keyword in the listed XMP metadata. Is the keyword there? -

A. I am not near the files right now but will also check all of the is the morning...... all of the above...  just wanted to get some insight on the purging option.

thank you!

babe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Purge cache does not affect the file, just the cache info about the file. This would be my first step, purge the cache for the image or folder. Last resort would be to rebuild the entire cache.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines