• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Get Photos from Camera" and Photo Downloader problems (from iPhone) macOS Mojave 10.14.6

Explorer ,
Apr 09, 2020 Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gosh, it's been over a year of struggling and hoping that this bug would be fixed... : 

When getting to the Photo Downloader window and Advanced features to download and rename only photos desired, it often comes up with "No Device Detected." I retry, and often retry numerous times. And I make sure to quit and restart both the Downloader and Bridge, reconnect my phone making sure it is "trusted" by my computer... Yet still I end up clicking. and clicking, like a rat trained in some lab experiment to get the reward or prize.

Note: My Adobe apps are kept up to date. My computer runs MacOS MOjave 10.14.6

• What is wrong?
  • Is this a problem that Adobe is aware of with a solution one of you can give?
  • If not, can this be prioritized to be solved (I've wasted so much time and the simple "Import from Device" is too primitive and it takes way too much time organizing and renaming files for my photo archive kept from 2007 on...)

{Thread renamed by moderator}

TOPICS
Performance , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the frustrating experience, could you please let us know the exact version of Bridge you're using?
Please update Bridge to version 10.0.4.157 if you're not already on it, and let us know how it goes.

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Sahil

Thank yo for your reply. I have been using 10.0.4.157 and the problem persists. 

I try to observe if there is something I do to make it finally recognize my device.

For instance, I always make sure my computer "trusts" my iPhone when connecting. 

Also, does it have less fails before it finally loads when in the actual Photo app on phone or whether elsewhere -- that doesn't seem to make a difference.

I hope that these observations help and that eventually this buggy behavior is fixed.

Let me know if there is anything to be on the lookout for that would help your team...

Shelley

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines