• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Raw+jpeg file management

New Here ,
Jan 12, 2020 Jan 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At the moment I am shooting in the raw+jpeg mode, as I often send the jpegs to friends that I was out shooting with on the same day, and then properly edit the raws later on. I was wondering if there's a way to delete both the raw and jpeg file pair if I take a poor shot, in order to speed up my workflow rather than going through and deleting both one by one. 

Many thanks in advance

TOPICS
Batch , Camera RAW , How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 12, 2020 Jan 12, 2020

Hi Emit,

Short answer: no. They are separate files so there's no way for any computer to know what you want (and would you really want to trust a computer to know before you do? ;>)

But, how are you looking at them? If you look at them in the Content Panel sorted by file name or date corrected, they should be side-by-side. At that point you simply have to press the Shift key (because they are sequential at that point) or the Command key (on the Mac, forgive me but I do not remember at this m

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Emit,

Short answer: no. They are separate files so there's no way for any computer to know what you want (and would you really want to trust a computer to know before you do? ;>)

But, how are you looking at them? If you look at them in the Content Panel sorted by file name or date corrected, they should be side-by-side. At that point you simply have to press the Shift key (because they are sequential at that point) or the Command key (on the Mac, forgive me but I do not remember at this moment what key you press on PCs for non-sequential items) as well to make them both active and then delete them both. So yes, an extra key tap but not horrendous.

BTW, I've never understood Bridge's default panel setup. I like my Content Panel on the left side with the Preview Panel in the middle taking up most of Bridge's screen space. (What good is preview if it's tiny?). By changing the size of the thumbnails and the width of the Content Panel you can change how many thumbnails you see which may also help see raw + jpg side by side.

I hope this makes sense, I hope even more if it helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Gary, thanks for the super fast reply! I suppose you're right and an extra key tap isn't too laborious... thanks for the tip, it should speed things up at least a little.

I see what you mean about the default panel setup, I've been using the filmstrip layout so far and it's been a little more useful than the default one.

Thanks again for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines