• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

selection of images in Br changed after edit in Camera Raw

Explorer ,
Mar 09, 2020 Mar 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I select multiple (say 5) images in Bridge and edit them in Camera Raw, I return to Bridge and new thumbnails/previews are created. Normal behaviour so far. But the original selection is messed up: in the filmstrip I can see 5, sometimes other numbers of images selected, but in the preview pane I can only see one. Also, under the filmstrip it says "1 selected". So the original selection is lost, and mispresented. This is very annoying if I want to change the same selection of images a multiple times.

Is this a known issue, and is there a fix or workaround (apart from reselecting the images manually every time)?

Win10 Home, all apps up to date.

I've added three screenshots:

1- selection of 5 images before editing in ACR

2- after editing in ACR: the selection has changed allthough 5 images are still marked as selected in filmstrip.

3- same as 2, but now only 4 images are marked as selected (for unknown reason).

Before editing in ACRBefore editing in ACRAfter editing in ACR 1After editing in ACR 1After editing in ACR 2After editing in ACR 2

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE: I've just noticed that this problem does not odccur with tif or jpg files. The files I had the problem with were CR2 raw files. Maybe it is related to the way the edit is recorded: embedded in the file (jpg and tif), versus in xmp-files (CR2).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bridge has problems with losing selections in a number of areas. You can label or rate photos as a workaround to keep track of what's what.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lumigraphics, thanks for your reply. This workaround will work for now. So it is a known issue; I could not find any thread about this phenomenon. Are you at Adobe? Will this be fixed in future versions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ACPs are community volunteers. This issue has been reported to Adobe. Whether it gets fixed is anyone's guess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines