• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Set Filename to Metadata Bridge script John Beardsworth in Bridge 2020 not working

Participant ,
Mar 29, 2020 Mar 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have previously used John Beardsworth's script Set Filename to Metadata which put the file name in the Document Title in File Information.  In Bridge 2020 under Tools, it is not showing up.  I can see the script in the BridgeStartup list.  Is just isn't available.  I just discovered this as I haven't used Photoshop for a while.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

I have emailed John about this.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.  It is a great little script.

TOPICS
Metadata , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I very carefully opened the script for the file name to title in Notepad.  I deleted the script.  I copied your script. I saved and did an exit.  I opened Bridge, only to get the same message that there was a problem with file name to title.

All the other utility options are there except for file name.  It is disabled in startup preferences.  If I enable it, the the utility pact doesn't show up unter tools.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try replacing the entire folder in Startup Scripts with this folder, which you will need to extract from .zip archive:

Utility Script Pack for Bridge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stephen,

I emailed David Converse about the problem,  He fixed the John Beardsworth script.  It works.

Thanks, again for all your effort. 

Lynnea

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wrong account!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got in touch with David Converse.  He kindly fixed John's script.  It works, so my problem is solved.

Thanks for all your effort. 

Lynnea

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try replacing the entire folder in Startup Scripts with this folder, which you will need to extract from .zip archive:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lynnes, two things if I may:

1. Did you download the modified script and if so, did it work? I can't sleep without knowing :]

2. Can you share the modified script to make John's code work on later versions of Bridge?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stephen,

I did try the copy and paste, but it didn't work.

I contacted John about the fix that Charles Converse made to his code, and John has asked that it not be posted.

Sorry, about that.

If you are interested in using it, you should get in touch with John.  He would prefer to fix his own code.

I can understand his position, and so I will honor his request.

Lynnea

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Lynnea,

I was referring to the DropBox download that I made for you mentioned above...

I understand regarding John/David.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stephen, I'm sorry.  I think what must have happened is that I got involved with David who just responsed so quickly with fixing John's script that I did not get to trying out the DropBox download.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please let me know the results when you do!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 05, 2020 Apr 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the link:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 06, 2020 Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My problem is solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 06, 2020 Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So it looks like I'll never get any sleep, not knowing if the modifications that I made to one of the alternative scripts worked for you or not, as the original issue has been solved. :]

Is there a correct answer to be found in this thread?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines