• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sharp Thumbnail/Preview Update is Buggy

Mentor ,
Oct 05, 2018 Oct 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bridge was always lacking in preview quality. Thumbnails and Previews were rough resamples, and full screen previews not necessarily representative, in terms of sharpness of original.

The last Bridge update seems to have tackled that to a large degree. There has clearly been a lot of work under the bonnet to improve the thumbnail/preview cache generation. I can't say I've noticed a big difference in full screen previews, but I don't want to come across as ungrateful!

Anyway. After the initial joy of finally working with sharper previews, I started to notice new problems...

Occasionally, thumbnails will stick on the embedded previews or generic icons. I'd have to purge the selection's cache to get it to work.

Occasonally, a whole folder will refuse to generate proper thumbnails. I'd have to select the whole folder for purge, or just close and reopen Bridge.

Occasionally, Bridge (Windows) would crash out completely, and fail to restart, unless I opened Bridge with a different folder.

I've already purged and regenerated the whole cache, and it hasn't fixed the problems.

I hope the Bridge development team get this fixed soon. My past experience is that Bridge bugs get fixed on a glacial timescale, but that was before the new team picked it up. Fingers crossed.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

We have released a new version of Adobe Bridge CC (9.0.0.204) which is now available to download using Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop Application.

You can also download it from https://www.adobe.com/products/bridge.html

Digital asset management software | Download free Adobe Bridge CC trial

Please refer to  New and enhanced features | Latest release of Bridge CC for the complete list of new and exciting features.

Request you to try it out and let us know if you face any issues or have any feature requests by posting on Adobe Bridge Feedback

Regards,

Abhishek Seth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines