• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Thumbnail View in 2019 Wastes Too Much Space

Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2018 Nov 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I spent today trying to get used to the new look but I seemed to be doing a lot of scrolling that I wasn't before. I work with hundreds, sometimes thousands of images at a time, rearranging them before giving them a final name for archiving. I was very happy last year when I got a large display that reduced the amount of scrolling I had to do. With this new version of Bridge, I can see 30% fewer thumbnails at a time. I have noticed an improvement in the overall performance of the application but, having to spend much more time scrolling cancels that out. Between this and the Workspace buttons issue I am very disappointed in this version. With version 2018 I can see 78 images at a time, with version 2019 I can only see 60. Screenshots attached, the first is 2018. Thumbnails measure the same in both instances.

2018BridgeSample.jpg

2019BridgeSample.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 28, 2018 Nov 28, 2018

Hello, I suggest posting on the https://feedback.photoshop.com or the bridge uservoice page and explain that the new interface style wastes space and induces more scrolling. (screenshots help, a video of 2018 vs2019 also, so that the engineering team can take a look!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 07, 2018 Nov 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the slider in the lower right to see more... they will be smaller, but you can fit more on there...

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Pluralsight Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2018 Nov 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, making the thumbnails smaller just results in a higher percentage of unused space because the non-thumbnail areas don't scale with the slider. Having the thumbnail size maxed out results in half an inch of vertical space between thumbnails on my monitor. Having the thumbnails at the smallest size results in the same amount of dead space.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 27, 2018 Nov 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is the answer with the slider marked as "correct"?

It is not the correct answer as other replies already mentioned.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2018 Nov 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks konrad79, I assume a moderator did that, I certainly didn't. I have unmarked it as answered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2018 Nov 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same problem, and it is driving me crazy. What is the point of wasting so much space on the screen? And it's not just the thumbnails in the contents panel. I can't see as many keywords in the keywords or filter panels nor as many folders in the favorites or folder panels. Now I have to scroll through things pretty much to do anything. It is hard for me to understand why anyone would want so much blank space. My only option aside from scrolling all the time appears to be doing away with the half-height panels and to click between panels all the time, and that only reduces the scrolling in the panels I had at half height. I would rather see more on the screen, not less. I am baffled and frustrated by this redesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 11, 2018 Nov 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I totally agree, this is so annoying!  How can Adobe change the gridview so extensive, without the ability to re-adapt it somewhere in the preferences? It is very frustrating! I hardly can use Bridge for my workflow anymore. :-(( 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 28, 2018 Nov 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I suggest posting on the https://feedback.photoshop.com or the bridge uservoice page and explain that the new interface style wastes space and induces more scrolling. (screenshots help, a video of 2018 vs2019 also, so that the engineering team can take a look!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for pointing us to Bridge Uservoice (adobebridge.uservoice.com/forums/905323-feature-request). I didn't know such a thing existed. I just voted for the request there about removing wasted space, which currently has the third most votes, and for the request about removing the space around thumbnails, which currently has the 5th and 6th most votes (don't know why it's there twice). Nothing there has many votes, which makes me worry the requests will be deemed insignificant, but it sounds like reports have been submitted elsewhere as well. I hope we get an improved version soon. I used to love this program and recommended it to many people, but I don't know how much longer I can stand it the way it is now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Bridge developers know. Keep hitting them on it. We have submitted numerous bug reports about this and other issues with the new UI.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 03, 2018 Dec 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to check if we can still use Ctrl+t to remove the text and shave a few more pixels...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2018 Dec 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ctrl+T does make a difference and, for me, adds an entire row of thumbnails to the Bridge window. That is a step in the right direction as a temporary fix, but doing that just makes it clear how much wasted space there is around each thumbnail. Thanks for the tip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2018 Dec 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't want to lose the text labels I have selected to be included with the thumbnails. That's why I selected them. I found on another message board about this topic that you can revert back to Bridge 2018, and that's what I have done (go to the CC panel for doing updates, click the arrow next to "open" and select "manage" then "other versions" then the version you want). Problem solved. Just seeing that nicely compact screen again lowered my blood pressure!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2018 Dec 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it has become standard practice for me to not let the CC installer remove older versions of the applications when installing new ones. I too am using the 2018 version for now. My assistant is using the 2019 version because she was having stability issues with 2018. This is definitely a 'results may vary' situation, but it's good to have options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 07, 2019 Jan 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All ,

Thank you all for your valuable feedback. Our team is looking into this issue and once addressed we will update this thread.

Thanks,

Avinash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2022 Jun 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any word on this? I've stopped using Bridge due to the wasted space between images. I definitely miss this program as that's how I used to edit all my photographs through Camera Raw. It used to be the easiest way to cull and sort images. But now with the large wasted space, it's unusable. I've been using Lightroom and it's just not the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 20, 2022 Jun 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Considering itas been 3 1/2 years...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines