Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Thumbnails and Previews not working in CS6 Bridge

Explorer ,
May 24, 2018 May 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10, 64bit.

Just got new camera. I loaded my photos and of course it didn't work so I installed the newest RAW patch. All of a sudden all of my thumbnails are previews are blank. Restarted, purged the cache and reset preferences. Even tried reinstalling. Nothing works for loading previews or thumbnails. But if i click on a file, it'll load in Photoshop. Help!

Bridge-1.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 14, 2018 Jul 14, 2018

What version of camera raw did you install?

Camera raw 9.1.1 is the newest camera raw plugin that works with cs6.

Camera Raw plug-in installer

If in photoshop cs6 you go to Help>About Plug-In do you see more than one Camera Raw listed?

In addition the newest 9.1.1 camera raw plugin for cs6 doesn't support the Canon EOS 6D Mark II, you need at least camera raw 9.12 or newer, which are not compatible with cs6.

Cameras supported by Camera Raw

You can use the adobe dng converter 10.4 to convert the Cano

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
May 30, 2018 May 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am I allowed to bump?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 01, 2018 Jun 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What camera is this for?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 01, 2018 Jun 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was for the Canon 6D Mark II, but it is ALL RAW files from my XTi and my T6s as well (which I had before, and it was working before I installed the RAW update)----CRN, DNG, etc. None show up. Thumbnails for JPGs and TIFs show up (haven't tested PSDs). I'm frustrated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 04, 2018 Jun 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS6 will not work at all for 6D II files. Do your older RAW files open in Camera RAW?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 04, 2018 Jun 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, my older files will open. But the thumbnails still show up as I posted above. Those thumbnails are from my T6s, which worked fine in Bridge until i tried installing the newest version of Camera RAW

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 06, 2018 Jun 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you purge the cache for individual files to see if that helps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 24, 2018 Jun 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I tried purging the cache on individual files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 11, 2018 Jul 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ElissaE,

Can you please download the latest version of Adobe Bridge CC (CC 2018) https://creative.adobe.com/products/download/bridge

and let us know if it solves the issue.

Regards,

Abhishek Seth.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 11, 2018 Jul 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trust me, if I had the finances to upgrade to CC I would. But we all can't afford a subscription service. So I need a solution for CS6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 14, 2018 Jul 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What version of camera raw did you install?

Camera raw 9.1.1 is the newest camera raw plugin that works with cs6.

Camera Raw plug-in installer

If in photoshop cs6 you go to Help>About Plug-In do you see more than one Camera Raw listed?

In addition the newest 9.1.1 camera raw plugin for cs6 doesn't support the Canon EOS 6D Mark II, you need at least camera raw 9.12 or newer, which are not compatible with cs6.

Cameras supported by Camera Raw

You can use the adobe dng converter 10.4 to convert the Canon EOS 6D Mark II cr2s to dng copies which then cs6 will open.

Adobe - Adobe Camera Raw and DNG Converter : For Windows : Adobe DNG Converter 10.4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines