• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Thumbnails in Bridge went crazy after 2019 update

Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, I installed all of the cc2019 updates and Bridge (worked normally on cc2018) started to behave crazy. I mean all works except preview thumbnails. I get some kind of "static interference" pattern instead of previews.

I completely uninstalled and reinstalled Photoshop and Bridge to solve the issue but no luck.

Computer is iMac Pro 27".

On my old iMac 27" (2011) it works normally after the update.

Screenshot 2018-10-15 at 20.35.22.png

Any idea?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 01, 2018 Nov 01, 2018

Dear Users,

We have released a new version of Adobe Bridge (CC 2019) on 2nd November 2018. The new version build number is 9.0.1.216. This version is available to install via Adobe Creative Cloud application.

This Bridge update resolves the thumbnail rendering issue on iMac Pro devices and has few other bug fixes.

Please let us know if you face any issues.

Regards,

Siddharth

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 155 Replies 155
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked....thanks

I'll wait till the issue gets resolved and then re-install Bridge CC2019.

Cheers..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2019 Feb 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi , I have same issue in on HP Elitebook x360 Windows 10. All images in Bridge are rendered as icons whether these are jpg, png, or gif. The advanced tab has the Use Software rendering permanently selected and is not editable. Clicking a file only show an enlarged view of the file icon - not the image. I have changed the folder view in Windows Explorer folder management to show thumbnails but this does not alter the behavior inside Bridge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 08, 2019 Feb 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please purge cache for such files and let us know if the issue persists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

iMac Pro 27. Same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly the same here, iMacPro 27" as well.

As usual, while the new features are much appreciated, the update itself is frustrating in many small details, fron Indesign-Font-Folder that gets purged (with *every* update), Photoshop-Plugs that don't work, Dock-Items that aren't simply updated to something as simple as this. Nothing helps with this problem, so far - clearing the cache helps for a few moments and glitch-static returns. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed!

so it’s safe to say they overlooked this bug which hits only iMac Pros. Obviously something with GPU.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We are investigating the thumbnail issue with Bridge CC 2019. So far, this issue is reported on iMac Pro 2017, 27".

Thanks,

Deepak Gupta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep. Same here.

iMac Pro 2017

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2018 Oct 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I have the same problem on iMAC PRO 2018.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2018 Oct 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is Adobe going to give an estimated fix date for this issue? Honestly, 10 days seems kinda crazy to have an issue like this with no real update except we advised. I am using a 27" iMac Pro. I loaded 2018 to have thumbnails but I am having tons of issues now with slow processing... hanging up... sorting wrong when loading folders and no ability to run image processing. I have to run image processing on 2019. Struggling to understand why there is not a solid update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't originate the saying, but I'll repeat it here cuz it's true...There's a reason Bridge has always been free.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder why you keep saying it is free. Bridge is part of Adobe CC. There is no way to use Bridge without an Adobe CC subscription. Go to Adobe.com and check the prices...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 29, 2018 Oct 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also on an iMac pro 27, with 64 vega card, same problem, no workaround currently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 03, 2018 Dec 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this problem on a MacPro 6.1, 6 core xeon E5 3.5 GHz,  AMD FirePro D700 (2), High Sierra. Bridge 9.0.1.216.

Strong purple cast on thumbnails. Software rendering seems to help after redrawing thumbnails.

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure you have build 216

That issue was fixed in that build

If you do clear your cache

Jim

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running 9.0.1.216. It draws correctly eventually but is still buggy and I am still using software rendering.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem for me. I have Imac Pro 27" and now I started to use the old version.Screen Shot 2018-10-16 at 16.53.31.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

iMac 27 (late 2015 w/16GB RAM) here and a similar problem. Not quite as bad as I see for some, but some images will not render beyond a very low res (this was a problem with the previous versions of Bridge, but not as prevalent as I'm seeing now), even in Filmstrip (the blown up image) and Essentials, etc. I've got the latest updates to all Adobe products, tried all the suggestions here but to no avail. Hopefully this gets fixed soon. I have Capture One so I'll switch to it but it's not intended to be used as a browser but until Bridge is fixed that's what I'm going with.

Apple Studio (M1 Max), 1 TB SSD, 32 GB RAM, Wacom Cintiq 24 Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly the same here, iMacPro 27" as well.  MacBook Pro 2015 works great.  Obviously a problem.  Downgrading till fixed.  Come on Adobe.  Do more homework.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed

iMac pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. iMac Pro with Radeon Pro Vega 64.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One more thing.....Can I get that 2 hours back I spent trying to fix and reinstal?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

me too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Booooo. Same issue: iMac Pro as well

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines