• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

UNABLE TO SAVE THE RAW CONVERSION SETTINGS

Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi… I’ve just updated to Bridge 2018 and every time I’ve worked on a photo and I’m done and want to save it this box keeps showing up: UNABLE TO SAVE THE RAW CONVERSION SETTINGS? I've had to reinstall to 2017 to my work done and keep my deadlines. And besides that the 2018 version has soemhow slowed everything down in the programme ... it takes forever to save a photo after its done, and writes UPDATING SETTINGS

Screen Shot 2017-10-19 at 17.28.35.png

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Hi rkiaulehn,

I'm truly very sorry you continue to have problems.

Just out of curiosity, have you done ANY of the suggestions that have been offered to you? You may have but have not told us what you've tried (and what you haven't tried) and what the results were.

Forgive me but it's very hard to help you when you've not told us what you've done and insist that Adobe help you solve this problem. How can anyone help you when valid suggestions have been put forth for you to try and you've not told u

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried resetting your preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 06, 2018 Apr 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes i did... didn't help... as soon as you go back to full size preview it won't work again!! so frustrating!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 06, 2018 Apr 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi gary,

is this the cache cleaner you are talking about:

http://www.northernsoftworks.com/sierracachecleaner.html

thanks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2018 Jun 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my case it only appears when im trying to update jpg thumbnail (in Adobe Camera Raw). It saves settings, but not embedded thumbnails and periodically crashes that moment.

I am professional drone photographer and DJI files are 40% smaller after you update thumbnails to medium. When shooting terabytes per year, its very good way to optimize space and expences. But it just doesnt work anymore...

Screen Shot 2018-06-22 at 12.33.32.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 07, 2018 Aug 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ADOBE support!! Any news on that problem?? I can't believe there is still no solution on that. i still need to work with bridge 2017 after all this time. tried everything. really disapointing! And both 2017 and 2018 are so incredible slow. so much lost time and money!! and one even has to pay for it! did all what adobe tells you to do... and still not getting any slower. what a drag to work with bridge!! need to find a alternative and change my workflow after almost 20 years!

https://helpx.adobe.com/bridge/kb/troubleshoot-errors-freezes-bridge.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 16, 2018 Aug 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same for me. Hughe problem with Bridge CC 2018 on my brand new macbook Pro (2,9 GHz Intel Core i7, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD) running Sierra and reading writing both to the internal Apple-SDD (2GB/sec) and my Lacie 6Big TB3 hardrive in Raid5 . It is so slow I just cant not work. Tried all kind of different settings without any success. Cleaning cache och running maintance regular with Clean My mac. I know my way around computers/mac but is stuck on Bridge CC 2018. I also have the "can not save Raw conversation settings). I  work with DNG, TIFF and PSD files. Everything I do in Bridge CC 2018 takes forever!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 17, 2018 Aug 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This sounds like multiple problems. Have you deleted the Bridge preferences to see if that speeds things up?

Cache cleaning isn't always very helpful on the Mac. I'd say lay off of that, you may actually be slowing things down by frequently deleting cache files.

Can you try a non-DNG RAW file and see if the XMP sidecar is created ok? You can also open a RAW file directly in Photoshop and apply settings via Camera RAW there. Let us know if that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2018 Aug 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deleting Brigde Prefs did not speed things up, but solved the "can not saved RAW conversion settings", until I change my settings to my preferred ones. Than I get the same problem again.

But the biggest problem is that the whole Brigde CC 2018 experience is so slow that I have to leave Bridge now I find a new workflow. Bridge has been the heart of my workflow as a pro photographer for as long as I can remember. I also installed Bridge CC 2017 without any bump in speed. Something is seriously wrong with my combo of computer/system and Bridge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes... same experience for me. tried everything. nothing worked! specially not the adobe support team!

their customer service is really bad. i am paying the full creative cloud fee every month... for bridge that doesn't work and costs me tons of money in time i loose. premiere that crashes all the time. that really sucks. time to go with capture one as most of my colleges already did and final cut or davinci for video editing. with the almost 600 euros i spend less on useless CC software and the time i will save i can  buy a flight and have a nice extra holiday! Adobe support... you really suck!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree and I am also looking into Capture One Pro right now. I have spend so much time getting Bridge to work again and I know my ways around macs. Guessing Adobe will going the same way as CaNikon...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the specific setting that isn't working?

And yes Bridge has performance problems and Adobe is aware. They did a lot of work to speed up Lightroom because of customer feedback, so keep letting them know.

You can post over at Photoshop Family (feedback.photoshop.com) which is designed for feedback and feature requests, too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 21, 2018 Aug 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

why is adobe speeding up lightroom when bridge has performance problems?? for me as a photographer lightroom is completly useless. tried to work with it couple of time.... just to complicated and slow. i would just like to get back to my workflow i develeoped over the last 20 years... without watching a wheel spinn for minutes every time i am doing any action.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 21, 2018 Aug 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bridge and Lightroom are developed by different teams. I can't really comment on their priorities.

I use Bridge daily in production so I hear you. Not much else I can say, post on the feedback site and let them know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2019 Mar 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The photos must be locked. You can see a small locker icon over them.

In Adobe Bridge, with all photos selected, I just right-click over them and select "unlock all items" to be able to go ahead, apply the corrections and save them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines