• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using Bridge Offline (Offshore Research)

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've just set up a Bridge photo sorting system for an offshore research trip but I am now concerned that we will be logged out of the program part-way through the trip if we cannot get internet connection. We will be offshore for up to 4 months with possibly no internet connection within this period and it is paramount that we have a usable photo sorting system as photo identifcation of animals is a big part of our research. I thought that as Bridge was a free piece of software it would not require constant authentication but having read more I am now concerned that this is not the case. Please could someone advise as to how long I will be able to work offline for or if you have any alternate software suggestions that do not require a regular internet connection? 

TOPICS
Feature request , How to , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

You must have an Internet connection and be logged in to use Adobe CC products. You'll probably want to find a different image viewer.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You must have an Internet connection and be logged in to use Adobe CC products. You'll probably want to find a different image viewer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2021 Aug 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@fpellie what did you do?
I have the same issue except when I open Bridge it always forces me to login now.  I'm using the 2021 version, 11.1.1.185.  I'm still looking for an alternative.  Lyn was one I found but it's unclear if it is still active and no one responds.  I also read somewhere that the license expires every 18 months which is almost the same as a annual subscription even though it's very affordable, $29.99.

thanks

-tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Aug 28, 2021 Aug 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2021 Aug 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Erik.  Adobe is leaving one important piece out, don't close your app because if you do, you'll be prompted to login again.  I know some folks think what's the big deal but not everyone is always in a place with an internet connection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines