Highlighted

Your partner creating a Bridge to Creativity

As the Senior Manager of the Adobe Photography & Digital Imaging Customer Experience team, I would like to give you a warm welcome to our new Bridge community forum.

I've been using Adobe tools for decades. On everything from animation, live production, green screen (who remembers Drew Carey's Green Screen Show?), post-production editing, collaborative documents, graphic design, business marketing and in my photography.

As a photographer, I like to keep my skills fresh in any workflow--it helps me better understand how our users interact with digital imaging products. In addition to my favorite photo subjects—geographic & travel photography—I still shoot events, weddings, headshots, portraitures, stock, cityscapes, architecture, and food. (Well, and the occasional cat.) Rebecca Kelly_Get to Know Me.jpg

At Adobe, my team and I partner and support photographers and digital artists like you. If you have any photography / digital image questions or suggestions, please send them my way by clicking here to email me. I'm happy to advocate for product suggestions, answer your questions, and share fresh content that will inspire your next creative endeavors!

The Adobe community introduced me to the power of digital very early in my career and has continued to provide endless tools to fuel creativity and inspire new art. I hope that everyone here will feel welcomed by their fellow photography lovers and digital colleagues. Our community forum is a place to answer your workflow questions, dive deeper into learning, and inspire you to achieve whatever your imagination desires.

Thanks for stopping by--I hope that you will join us on our new community page, like this postreply and introduce yourself, participate in our Friday Make It! Challenges, share your knowledge and show off how you use Bridge to spark creativity and connect to the world of Adobe CC.

Rebecca

Topics

How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn More

Your partner creating a Bridge to Creativity

As the Senior Manager of the Adobe Photography & Digital Imaging Customer Experience team, I would like to give you a warm welcome to our new Bridge community forum.

I've been using Adobe tools for decades. On everything from animation, live production, green screen (who remembers Drew Carey's Green Screen Show?), post-production editing, collaborative documents, graphic design, business marketing and in my photography.

As a photographer, I like to keep my skills fresh in any workflow--it helps me better understand how our users interact with digital imaging products. In addition to my favorite photo subjects—geographic & travel photography—I still shoot events, weddings, headshots, portraitures, stock, cityscapes, architecture, and food. (Well, and the occasional cat.) Rebecca Kelly_Get to Know Me.jpg

At Adobe, my team and I partner and support photographers and digital artists like you. If you have any photography / digital image questions or suggestions, please send them my way by clicking here to email me. I'm happy to advocate for product suggestions, answer your questions, and share fresh content that will inspire your next creative endeavors!

The Adobe community introduced me to the power of digital very early in my career and has continued to provide endless tools to fuel creativity and inspire new art. I hope that everyone here will feel welcomed by their fellow photography lovers and digital colleagues. Our community forum is a place to answer your workflow questions, dive deeper into learning, and inspire you to achieve whatever your imagination desires.

Thanks for stopping by--I hope that you will join us on our new community page, like this postreply and introduce yourself, participate in our Friday Make It! Challenges, share your knowledge and show off how you use Bridge to spark creativity and connect to the world of Adobe CC.

Rebecca

Topics

How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn More

Re: Your partner creating a Bridge to Creativity

Hi Rebecca!

I really have tried to rely on Bridge to help me with my workflow, but good gawd.  This last update has completely killed by ability to function.  It seems like every other update makes Bridge completely dysfunctional.  Then it works for a little while and then it doesn't work at all again for weeks or months.  It's details like this that make me resent Adobe as a whole.  My entire livelihood depends on Adobe and I don't know week from week whether it's going to even perform basic functions.  Honestly, if there was any other option, I'd gladly take it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

Hi Openrds, Sorry Bridge's latest update is hindering you...

Hi Openrds, Sorry Bridge's latest update is hindering your efficiency! Can you provide more info about what's not working well for you?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

Adobe Community Professional , Feb 10, 2020

Actually we also need OS version you are using.

Laptop/Desktop?

Video card?

and as  Pete said, exactly what no longer is working for you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

Hi Rebecca-

I'm having a terrible time with Bridge. I've been using it for years. Lately it decides that my updated iPhone XR 'does not contain supported material'. My computer is updated Sierra. Then, once in a while it will show my pics only to freeze after a few of them download. Mostly it's that it says my phone doesn't contain supported material. What can I do? I need this to work. Can you help?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

Hi Susan, Sorry for the trouble with Bridge not importing...

Hi Susan, Sorry for the trouble with Bridge not importing your iPhone images.

Do you have the same issue if you try to import via, "File > Import From Device" ?

More info on this dialog can be found here: https://helpx.adobe.com/bridge/using/import-camera-photos-bridge.html#import_mac

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Pete

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

I would just like to say how bad my experinec has been after joining a few moments ago I cannot get anty help with my problem and am being sent round and round in circles when I try and contact anyone and repeatedly asked to log in before I can do anything Not good

ASll IO want to know is why won't bridge open the jpeg images stored on my PC

Thank you

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

Hi PS225, Bridge can't "Open" any image because it's not...

Adobe Community Professional , Oct 09, 2019
Hi PS225, Bridge can't "Open" any image because it's not an image application. The primary value in Bridge is to let you view your images. You still need PS (or some other pixel based editor) to open your images. I hope that this helps explain things.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

Hi PS225, Is the issue of Bridge not opening images that...

Hi PS225, Is the issue of Bridge not opening images that Gary helped with the only issue you had? One thing that might also help, since Bridge does not open images, you are able to preview many of them. More info on that here: https://helpx.adobe.com/bridge/using/preview-compare-images-bridge.html#preview_images_using_the_ful...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

Hi Rebecca,

After updating to Catalina, Bridge 2019 can no longer access my desktop or any other files other than those in the Pictures folder. Desktop has a little blue arrow in the lower right corner in the Bridge window. Any thoughts concerning this issue would be appreciated.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

Hi bwalski, It sounds like you may need to authorize Brid...

Hi bwalski,

It sounds like you may need to authorize Bridge to access those folders.

Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, click Security & Privacy, then click Privacy.
Then tick Bridge in Photos, Files and Folders, & Automation. 

Let us know if this helps! 
^Carissa 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

Hi Careeesa, Thanks for your reply. That box was already...

Hi Careeesa, Thanks for your reply. That box was already checked. This happened since updating to Catalina. When I open Bridge 2019 the Desktop has a little blue arrow on the lower right and when I open it there are no items in desktop. Any idea what the blue arrow is? been using Bridge for years and have never had an issue accessing anything.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

Can you share a screenshot of what you see? What version...

Can you share a screenshot of what you see? What version of Bridge are you using? ^Carissa

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

I am using the latest version of Bridge 2019 version 9.1....

Screen Shot 2019-10-08 at 5.02.46 PM.pngI am using the latest version of Bridge 2019 version 9.1.0.338. How do I send you a screenshot?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

Hi Careesa, I was able to get the issue resolved. I t was...

Hi Careesa,

I was able to get the issue resolved. I t was the "Full Disk Access" in the Security and Privacy preference. I guess the Catalina upgrade did not carry that over. On tt my next Catalina issue with Apple.

Thanks for your help.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

Hi Bwalski, So happy to hear the issue was resolved. Than...

Hi Bwalski, So happy to hear the issue was resolved. Thank you for letting us know. 😄 ^Carissa

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

Please tell us what happened to the RAW to JPEG batch conversion that we used to get by dropping down Tools/Photoshop/Image Processor.  I don't want to learn Lightroom because Bridge has always been the best and easiest conversion process ever.  I can't get the new Export window to show up either.....  Help restore this vital function!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
Get Started
Add a group