Your partner creating a Bridge to Creativity

As the Senior Manager of the Adobe Photography & Digital Imaging Customer Experience team, I would like to give you a warm welcome to our new Bridge community forum.

I've been using Adobe tools for decades. On everything from animation, live production, green screen (who remembers Drew Carey's Green Screen Show?), post-production editing, collaborative documents, graphic design, business marketing and in my photography.

As a photographer, I like to keep my skills fresh in any workflow--it helps me better understand how our users interact with digital imaging products. In addition to my favorite photo subjects—geographic & travel photography—I still shoot events, weddings, headshots, portraitures, stock, cityscapes, architecture, and food. (Well, and the occasional cat.) Rebecca Kelly_Get to Know Me.jpg

At Adobe, my team and I partner and support photographers and digital artists like you. If you have any photography / digital image questions or suggestions, please send them my way by clicking here to email me. I'm happy to advocate for product suggestions, answer your questions, and share fresh content that will inspire your next creative endeavors!

The Adobe community introduced me to the power of digital very early in my career and has continued to provide endless tools to fuel creativity and inspire new art. I hope that everyone here will feel welcomed by their fellow photography lovers and digital colleagues. Our community forum is a place to answer your workflow questions, dive deeper into learning, and inspire you to achieve whatever your imagination desires.

Thanks for stopping by--I hope that you will join us on our new community page, like this postreply and introduce yourself, participate in our Friday Make It! Challenges, share your knowledge and show off how you use Bridge to spark creativity and connect to the world of Adobe CC.

Rebecca

Topics

How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn More

Re: Your partner creating a Bridge to Creativity

Hello Rebecca! 

Thank you for your nice welcome.

Let me start by stating that Bridge is absolutely great piece of software and has helped me a lot in past 10 years. I love it even though it has its limitations and I learned to use it to the fullest.

Having said that it pains me very much what happened to the Bridge in last 2 years. In my workflow I use laptop with external drive. I need a serious emount of time to generate and cache previews. After that working with Bridge is a pleasure. But thats Bridge 2018.

I tried Bridge 2019 and 2020 recently - but they share a critical flaw in the way cache is handles that renders it useless. After generating previews it is enough to shut down the laptop. And the cache starts to regenerate next time the Bridge is started. Somehow the cache is lost.

I have filed the bug last year and this year too but I see nothing is done with it. I'm open to provide all details to reproduce the bug.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn More

Yes, I would like to see a reply to Imgorthand.

dan

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

Actually yesterday Bridge support contacted me to schedule a streaming session so I get to demonstrate the issue to them. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

It turns out its the shared cache that has the problem - the one that generates in subfolder. They noted it and hopefully they can fix this. 

Good thing is they showed me how to use central cache for 100% previews.

It is confusing but now when I know it I can switch to Bridge 2020.

So thanks Bridge Team 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

Hello Rebecca! 

Thank you and good luck. I was a happy Bridge user for almost a decade, it was our workflow workhorse for day-to-day operations and training. Unfortunatly, it won't run after unresolvable rights issues in MacOS Catalina.  Two things: please thank anyone you know on the Bridge design and engineering teams for the fabulious work they did in the past.  Also, please let your moderators know we clueless end users "google solutions" and try them before we post on this forum of last resort. It's disconcerning to have a moderator tell you -- impaitently -- to go out and "google solutions" when you've just spent 10 hours searching and trying solutions before posting.  Anyway, All the best in your new position. 

- Bob

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

Hi Bob!
My name is Carissa, a community strategist with Adobe. Thank you for reaching out and for being a loyal Bridge user! We passed along your praise to the entire Bridge team.

Sorry to hear about your experience on the boards. We encourage everyone to be respectful. If you ever encounter any issues, please feel free to PM me or any Adobe Staff.

You mentioned you were having issues with Bridge while on Catalina. Can you share a screenshot of the issue or error message you're seeing?

Best,
Careeeesa

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

gary_sc LATEST
Adobe Community Professional , Feb 21, 2020

Hi Bob,

Let me provide two direct approaches that may help you. 

1) Go to your System Preferences and go to the Security & Privacy module. Select the Privacy tab and scroll down to the "Full Disk Access" option. You'll need to unlock this panel. On the right-hand side click on the "+" symbole to open the Finder's Open window, then go to the Application folder (if not there already) and find and select Bridge. Make sure that it's checked. Click the lock icon to close the process and close the Systems Preferences window. 

See if that works.

IF NOT, then try the following:

In the Finder select the folder that you're documetns/images are contained in and press Command-i (i for information). A new window will pop up on the left side of the screen. On the bottom you will see a region called "Sharing & Permissions:"

setting permissions.png

To do anything here, you need to unlock the padlock on the bottom right. Click it and a window will pop up asking you for your authorization (your Mac password). Once that's done, clic on the "Everyone" and on the right change "Read only," to "Read & Write."

Now, if there are folders inside this, go to the dropdown gear below and select "Apply to enclosed items..." and you can save yourself some time.

HOWEVER: be judicious when you do this. This should ONLY be done if there are nothing but documents inside these folders. Never ever do this if there are applications or preferences or other application-related files. Don't ask me how I know this to be true. Otherwise, I do this all the time as necessary.

Please let us know if either of these work (and please, which one worked for you).

Thanks and good luck

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
Get Started
Add a group